Bill_Berg
Well-known member
Simpson is really annoying. Habs had a couple lucky ones and the Leafs looked to have more high damage chances. Sucks they still lost.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Re: the ads. You really have been away a while!My Take
The Good:
- It is easy to see Marchenko is a very good player who plays with notable dynamism
- I was impressed by Roslovic's ability/willingness to be the gritty guy on a top 6 line
- I thought the 3/4th lines looked like appropriately scrappy/energetic fellas
The Bad:
- Boy, if Raddysh does anything worthy of being a top pairing guy, I didn't see it
- If you had told me that #34 was one of the top 10 or 15 players in the league I would probably not believe you based on tonight
- Mckenna scored 4 fewer goals then I am accustomed to from #1 picks in their debut
The Ricci:
- These Training Camp-Ass Numbers they're wearing
- The helmet ads look just awful
But then you kind of wonder... Where does he play? L3? Seems like a waste no?L2 popped every time they put 53 on the wing. I don’t mind them alternating 92 off here and there.
I'm sure I'll learn to live with it, especially after they call up Fraser Minten.Re: the ads. You really have been away a while!
"- Boy, if Raddysh does anything worthy of being a top pairing guy, I didn't see it"My Take
The Good:
- It is easy to see Marchenko is a very good player who plays with notable dynamism
- I was impressed by Roslovic's ability/willingness to be the gritty guy on a top 6 line
- I thought the 3/4th lines looked like appropriately scrappy/energetic fellas
The Bad:
- Boy, if Raddysh does anything worthy of being a top pairing guy, I didn't see it
- If you had told me that #34 was one of the top 10 or 15 players in the league I would probably not believe you based on tonight
- Mckenna scored 4 fewer goals then I am accustomed to from #1 picks in their debut
The Ricci:
- These Training Camp-Ass Numbers they're wearing
- The helmet ads look just awful
To play devil's advocate, it's game 1. I didn't think any of Montreal's top guys looked that effective either. And by today's metric McKenna is a bust, so I'd rather wait before making any sweeping takeaways. Except other than maybe that Marchenko is really fun to watch."- Boy, if Raddysh does anything worthy of being a top pairing guy, I didn't see it"
Neither did Tampa Bay really. He was a late bloomer 4/5 dman starting at age 27 for two seasons until last season when Hedman went down
He's arguably paid like a top pairing guy because of his Cinderella offensive season and the UFA bidding.
To me, he's typically been a 3/4 dman in his good years who has a great point shot on the PP and not the outlier from last season.
I think they would be wise to start him out playing that way and let him work his way into more ice time if it gets justified by his play.
Because he isn't as strong or gritty defensively, pairing him with a dman who is would probably be a better combination.
Tonight, that couldn't occur because McCabe got hurt and played 11+ mins and so they had to juggle.
It is also a little unfair to be too critical because there are so many new skaters and a new system.
EDIT: The 3/4 lines were getting clobbered in the faceoffs but I think some of that had to do with the new linemates (as did much of the teams sloppy play)
Funny thing, my Rogers bare bones cable package does not have the Leafs game. It has Florida / Carolina but not the Leafs. Funny that.
Go Leafs!
Uncle Fester should stick to all black.What the hell is Derek Lalonde doing with his outfit
I don't think he's meant to be a top pairing guy. I don't think the Leafs think he's that either. Right-handed PP threat and a decent defender, not a +25-minute player."- Boy, if Raddysh does anything worthy of being a top pairing guy, I didn't see it"
Neither did Tampa Bay really. He was a late bloomer 4/5 dman starting at age 27 for two seasons until last season when Hedman went down
He's arguably paid like a top pairing guy because of his Cinderella offensive season and the UFA bidding.
To me, he's typically been a 3/4 dman in his good years who has a great point shot on the PP and not the outlier from last season.
I think they would be wise to start him out playing that way and let him work his way into more ice time if it gets justified by his play.
Because he isn't as strong or gritty defensively, pairing him with a dman who is would probably be a better combination.
Tonight, that couldn't occur because McCabe got hurt and played 11+ mins and so they had to juggle.
It is also a little unfair to be too critical because there are so many new skaters and a new system.
EDIT: The 3/4 lines were getting clobbered in the faceoffs but I think some of that had to do with the new linemates (as did much of the teams sloppy play)
I thought they looked like a team that's never played together, which is exactly what they are.