Author Topic: Jordan Staal rumors about to heat up  (Read 9988 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Staal rumors about to heat up
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »
Hey guys I read on twitter the Staal's all want to come to Toronto to be closer to their summer homes.

Offline Etiam Vultus

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »
Has Jordan Stall actually said that he wants to play with one of his brothers, or is this just speculation?

I understand that he has said that he wants to play a bigger role on a team than the third line centre.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:23 PM »
Hey guys I read on twitter the Staal's all want to come to Toronto to be closer to their summer homes.

True story: I just got 4 cubic yards of soil delivered to my home from Staal's Sod and Soil farm. The delivery driver had a TML cap.

I'm not saying this means anything, but.......

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
I really hope he's looking to be a first line center....  As much as I've never been a big JStaal guy, I'd welcome him here in open arms.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
I really hope he's looking to be a first line center....  As much as I've never been a big JStaal guy, I'd welcome him here in open arms.

I was skeptical about his 1st line potential before as well, but after seeing him this season, I think that if he has that burning desire to be the guy, that he can pull it off. In Carolina, he'd only be the second guy.
BWB

Offline caveman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »

True story: I just got 4 cubic yards of soil delivered to my home from Staal's Sod and Soil farm. The delivery driver had a TML cap.

Finally... we get the dirt on the Staal trade....    ;D

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »

Finally... we get the dirt on the Staal trade....    ;D

Boooo.....

...I love it.  ;)
All The Best
Dan

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »

I was skeptical about his 1st line potential before as well, but after seeing him this season, I think that if he has that burning desire to be the guy, that he can pull it off. In Carolina, he'd only be the second guy.

Even if he tops out as a second line centre, I'd much rather have two 2nd line centres than what we've had the last several years.

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »

I'm of this line of thought as well. He may represent our best option of obtaining a 1st line centre (even though I don't think of him as a true #1; but also believe he could grow into it).

I don't think a contract extension would be difficult to hammer out with him if he were here. Only thing I see getting in the way is him desiring to play with Eric in Carolina.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:45 AM »
Maybe he wants to play with Mark in New York?

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »

I'm of this line of thought as well. He may represent our best option of obtaining a 1st line centre (even though I don't think of him as a true #1; but also believe he could grow into it).

I don't think a contract extension would be difficult to hammer out with him if he were here. Only thing I see getting in the way is him desiring to play with Eric in Carolina.

Shoot, while we're at it, bring Eric here, too.  ;D

Offline 50 Mission Cap

• Global Moderator
  • Prospect
  • TMLfans.ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »

Shoot, while we're at it, bring Eric here, too.  ;D

Seeing as how he turned down a 10 year extension with Pitts I doubt he'll sign an extension with anyone. He's earned the right to test free agency and I think he intends on doing just that. I will say if he's let it be known that he won't sign an extention then that can only hurt his value a bit. It's a huge risk for a team to offer up premium prospects or picks for a guy that may only play one season for them.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »

That's not the impression I get from what happened yesterday. He turned down $60M from Pittsburgh and his agent came out and said he's not interested in signing an extension "at this time." He may change his mind down the road, but, I wouldn't bank on it. I certainly wouldn't give up significant assets with that massive unknown sitting out there.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »

That's not the impression I get from what happened yesterday. He turned down $60M from Pittsburgh and his agent came out and said he's not interested in signing an extension "at this time." He may change his mind down the road, but, I wouldn't bank on it. I certainly wouldn't give up significant assets with that massive unknown sitting out there.

I'm sure these sorts of things happen all the time (contractual discussions, that is).  Why do you suppose this rather insignificant event made its way to MacKenzie and then out to the world?

Offline Frank E

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »

If indeed Staal has suggested that he wants to go the UFA route, big if, then I would imagine he has more value to Pittsburgh than to another team right now.  It would seem to me that he'll be working his tail off for a big UFA deal, and Pittsburgh has what it takes to take another run at the cup with him on the team.