Author Topic: Blackhawks refused to report alleged sex abuse of players to police: source  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile

The thing I still don't really get about this story is why would the Blackhawks risk all this for a not particularly well connected video coach or whatever he was. Like, that to me is almost the most damning statement about the organization and hockey culture here. Either they had their own serious malfeasance to cover up or they were just willing to cover up any allegation against anyone even remotely connected with the team.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile

The thing I still don't really get about this story is why would the Blackhawks risk all this for a not particularly well connected video coach or whatever he was. Like, that to me is almost the most damning statement about the organization and hockey culture here. Either they had their own serious malfeasance to cover up or they were just willing to cover up any allegation against anyone even remotely connected with the team.

I mean why did David Frost last as long as he did.   

I think hockey has a problem that a lot of industries have...that sex assault isn't taken seriously.  That getting an assault out in the open "looks bad for the game" while ignoring that covering it up and having it come out later would be worse.

Look at how the story is getting handled over the last few months.  The story comes out...radio silence from the NHL media.  It starts to come out in trickles but even still, extremely little major media discussion on this. 

This has some of the biggest executive names in hockey with 3 GMs and one of the best coaches in the game in positions that are either incompetent for not knowing what went on or are outright lying about it now.  There is a zero percent chance that the head coach has his video coach fired and doesn't get a reason for why it happened.

TMLfans.ca

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Jerk Emeritus
    • View Profile

I get what you're saying in general but that seems like a slightly different issue where the world of minor and junior hockey is an unregulated world full of scumbags where any person with authority can end up with a great deal of influence in a young person's life.

Here we're talking about a person with a pretty minor role in a huge multi-million dollar enterprise.
I wish to hell I’d never said "Winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you’ve won.
- Vince Lombardi

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile

I get what you're saying in general but that seems like a slightly different issue where the world of minor and junior hockey is an unregulated world full of scumbags where any person with authority can end up with a great deal of influence in a young person's life.

Here we're talking about a person with a pretty minor role in a huge multi-million dollar enterprise.

A lot of sexual assault accusations is that a lot of places look at the complaint as a bigger problem than the sexual assault. Rather than view Brad Aldrich as the person who should be dealt with, the two players making the accusation were the ones creating a problem.  Victim blaming is a big problem with it.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
William Nylander Appreciation Account
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Oh it is even worse down thread
#BeBlessed

Online L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Oh it is even worse down thread

Every member of the Blackhawks organization should burn for this.  They won’t of course but they sure as hell should

Offline Lee-bo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
What a disgusting organization.
This story isn’t nearly as big as it should be.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Invalid Tweet IDBarfs
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
They've got a lovely bunch of coverups. There they are, standing in a row.
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Blackhawks refused to report alleged sex abuse of players to police: source
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2021, 06:42:04 PM »
How convenient
#BeBlessed

Online herman

• Sittler Status