Author Topic: Thornton signs 700k  (Read 2353 times)

Offline louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Diamond Weapon
Re: Thornton signs 700k
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 05:19:41 PM »
Old man fight between Thornton and Spezza to see who wears 19?

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »
This is fun.

Definitely the funnest deal of the offseason. I assume we can now sign Chara for another 700k.

Chara can suck it.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Thornton-______
Robertson-Spezza-______

With the blanks behind filled by likely Simmonds and one of Engvall, Vesey, Barabanov, Korshkov, Boyd, Anderson, or one of the other many randos we have under contract.
Barabanov and Vesey will be the guys. I think Kerfoot stays with Thornton unless Mikheyev can't handle 2LW.

Offline Frycer14

• Veteran
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »
This is fun.

Definitely the funnest deal of the offseason. I assume we can now sign Chara for another 700k.

Chara can suck it.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Thornton-______
Robertson-Spezza-______

With the blanks behind filled by likely Simmonds and one of Engvall, Vesey, Barabanov, Korshkov, Boyd, Anderson, or one of the other many randos we have under contract.
Barabanov and Vesey will be the guys. I think Kerfoot stays with Thornton unless Mikheyev can't handle 2LW.

Over Simmonds? I sure as heck hope not. And vesey sucks.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
Lord this is crazy. I don't LOVE the idea of having two pretty aged centres down the middle but we are dying for centre depth and this gives it to us for the time being. They just have to really lean on the top two lines for offense and figure out how to deploy the other two.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline WAYNEINIONA

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 05:24:17 PM »
 I live in St Thomas. I wonder how fast the sports bars can redecorate. ;D

Offline Frycer14

• Veteran
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
Lord this is crazy. I don't LOVE the idea of having two pretty aged centres down the middle but we are dying for centre depth and this gives it to us for the time being. They just have to really lean on the top two lines for offense and figure out how to deploy the other two.

They still have Engvall that can move to center on 3 or 4 if they have an injury or they manage workload through the season.

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 05:28:04 PM »
This is fun.

Chara can suck it.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Thornton-______
Robertson-Spezza-______

Oh crap, never saw he wasn't there..Simmonds is in for sure. Barabanov is the other guy.

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »

The best thing is that nobody is wearing #24 so Joe can just slide right in.
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Frycer14

• Veteran
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 05:30:16 PM »
This is fun.

Chara can suck it.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Thornton-______
Robertson-Spezza-______

Oh crap, never saw he wasn't there..Simmonds is in for sure.

Yeah, I was surprised Carlton didn't have him as part of the permanent marker section.

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »

They still have Engvall that can move to center on 3 or 4 if they have an injury or they manage workload through the season.
Engvall is Marlies/trade bound. He's waiver exempt for 15 more NHL games and makes 1.25K so 175K will still count against the cap when he's sent down.

Offline lamajama

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »
It's gonna be really weird seeing him in a Leafs uniform. He played so long for Boston and then SJ you got used to seeing him in those jerseys. This is like Ron Francis 2.0

The way it's going I was thinking more like Brian Leetch.... ;)
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
This is fun.

Chara can suck it.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Thornton-______
Robertson-Spezza-______

Oh crap, never saw he wasn't there..Simmonds is in for sure.

Yeah, I was surprised Carlton didn't have him as part of the permanent marker section.
I never even thought of him NOT being in the lineup. C'mon CTB, you messed up!

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »
It's gonna be really weird seeing him in a Leafs uniform. He played so long for Boston and then SJ you got used to seeing him in those jerseys. This is like Ron Francis 2.0

The way it's going I was thinking more like Brian Leetch.... ;)
Chelios

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 05:40:08 PM »
I thought "Yeah, but Francis probably wasn't in his 40s when he came here back in the day." And...yeah. He totally was!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 05:47:12 PM »
September 17, 1997, the day Joe Thornton picked up his first-ever point while wearing an NHL uniform (an assist in a 3-2 Bruins preseason win against the Blues in Oklahoma City), is also the day Auston Matthews was born.

How fitting would it be if Thornton's last point is an OT assist to Matthews for the Stanley Cup winning goal?
;)