Author Topic: Johnsson traded to the Devils  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Johnsson traded to the Devils
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2020, 04:39:46 PM »
You know I like Thai trade even more now that Steve Simmons is trying to shit on it.   I get the media doesn?t have to love every move but the guy is a blatant troll at this point.   Take his press pass away.

I'm not really knowledgeable on Thai trade.  How does Simmons even have an opinion.

He's got an opinion on everything. 

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2020, 05:31:58 PM »
You know I like Thai trade even more now that Steve Simmons is trying to shit on it.   I get the media doesn?t have to love every move but the guy is a blatant troll at this point.   Take his press pass away.

I'm not really knowledgeable on Thai trade.  How does Simmons even have an opinion.

He's got an opinion on everything. 

He's an asshat. I read part of an artivle where he praised Dubas for the Bodie and Simmonds moves and then said something negative in the next line or paragraph. I stopped reading then. I can't believe how much hate there is for Dubas from Simmonds to other experts. Always critical about his vision and doesn't value grit. I'm like did this guy not build the Marlies into a winner? He knows what it takes to win. This team is now finally his. He's gotten rid of all the past mistakes and now it's all on him. I think this has probably been the hardest off season ever to add quality/change the make up of a team and yet so far, he's done a great job. There isn't a move that I don't like yet. I still think he may not be done. Lots of time before the season starts.

Online azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »
Jesus... still with the JVR and Bozak? Move on man.

Definitely over it but point is if you're going to lose someone whether by free agency or trade at least get something back. I get it. Leafs are in tough with the cap so had to shuffle someone out. See what we have in the young forward if he cracks the lineup.

Online azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
Every team in the league who paid their players fair value got screwed. Every team who didn't trade players who ended up having not great seasons got screwed. The Leafs don't operate in a vacuum. Most cap teams are dealing with some level of fallout for things that couldn't have been predicted when those deals were signed.

Also, I'm fairly certain Azzurri would be bitching about trading JVR/Bozak as they were making the playoffs if they missed or got bounced. "Missed opportunity, could've given playoff experience to the kids, wasted a year for no reason when they were on the cusp etc." Doesn't matter when everything is viewed when looking back at it rather than in the moment, the person in charge can only do wrong. Anyone who thinks they're right 100% of the time or act like they have all the answers vs. someone else without any justification is basically full of you know what.

So you think we paid Marner or Matthews fair value? I sure the hell don't think so and I said it then we were going to be fun'd because of it and now you're seeing that.

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2020, 07:03:17 PM »
Jesus... still with the JVR and Bozak? Move on man.

Definitely over it but point is if you're going to lose someone whether by free agency or trade at least get something back. I get it. Leafs are in tough with the cap so had to shuffle someone out. See what we have in the young forward if he cracks the lineup.
I think people will be surprised with Anderson. If he can become Hyman 2.0 it'll be a steal for us.

Online Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2020, 07:12:28 PM »

So you think we paid Marner or Matthews fair value? I sure the hell don't think so and I said it then we were going to be fun'd because of it and now you're seeing that.
Matthews, yes. Marner, no. I think 9 would have been a good contract for him but it is what it is and he's still a 94 point guy. And we're not fun'd. There are lots of teams up against the cap. Dubas has done a nice little dance here and improved the team and future while disposing of the underachieving while keeping the big 4, aka the core, together.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2020, 11:20:29 PM »
I said it then we were going to be fun'd because of it and now you're seeing that.

No we aren't.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2020, 02:38:48 AM »
Every team in the league who paid their players fair value got screwed. Every team who didn't trade players who ended up having not great seasons got screwed. The Leafs don't operate in a vacuum. Most cap teams are dealing with some level of fallout for things that couldn't have been predicted when those deals were signed.

Also, I'm fairly certain Azzurri would be bitching about trading JVR/Bozak as they were making the playoffs if they missed or got bounced. "Missed opportunity, could've given playoff experience to the kids, wasted a year for no reason when they were on the cusp etc." Doesn't matter when everything is viewed when looking back at it rather than in the moment, the person in charge can only do wrong. Anyone who thinks they're right 100% of the time or act like they have all the answers vs. someone else without any justification is basically full of you know what.

I'm saying your schtick of doing literally nothing but saying how right you are all the time either by actually being right or, more usually, using revisionist history, continues to be nothing short of grating.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender