Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 11485 times)

Arn and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2020, 03:44:49 AM »
Did you actually read the article because your conclusion and what the authors advocate and discuss are not remotely in line with where you are trying to peddle it

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
Covid-19 and Small business closures
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2020, 02:16:43 PM »
As we all know, all non essential business have been forced to close down, leaving many small business without income of any sort.  A good friend of mine in Collingwood is trying to do his part in helping business's that have no online commerce attain a site if they so wish and be ready to open their door/portal for sales in just 7 days.  If you know of anyone this can help by all means please pass it on. If anyone has any further questions please private message me. I appreciate that this is not normal protocol on this site, but these are not normal times.  We all have to try and help each other;

https://www.vywebdesign.com/small-businesses-fight-back-against-covid-19-2
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

TMLfans.ca

Covid-19 and Small business closures
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2020, 02:16:43 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2020, 04:23:16 PM »
Did you actually read the article because your conclusion and what the authors advocate and discuss are not remotely in line with where you are trying to peddle it

Just what misinterpretation are you alluding to?

The conclusion at the end of the article concludes and summaries the findings of the observational study.  The conclusion speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:10:28 PM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline Frycer14

• Rookie
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
Re: Covid-19 and Small business closures
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
This doesn't look like anything close to charitable. It looks like a business advertisement.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
Some encouraging news (from B.C.):

Health officials say physical distancing restrictions in B.C. are successfully beginning to slow the number of new COVID-19 cases in the province, perhaps by as much as half.

But despite the "glimmer of hope," provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and other officials stressed that the province is not out of the woods and the health-care system still needs to be prepared for an inevitable surge in hospitalizations.

"I'm trying not to over-call it, but I do believe we've seen a flattening, a falling-off of that curve," Henry said Friday, referring to the growth of new COVID-19 patients in B.C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-modelling-numbers-dr-bonnie-henry-1.5512269

Offline Frycer14

• Rookie
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 27, 2020, 05:42:30 PM »

The conclusion at the end of the article concludes and summaries the findings of the observational study.  The conclusion speaks for itself.

If I'm reading the article correctly, the vitamin injections are being used to treat a byproduct of the infection in the very ill -sepsis. It's not being used as any other benefit that I could ascertain, and yet it takes careful reading past the sensationalist headlines to actually get any valid information.

It's these sort of articles that infuriates me, because they're manipulative, and often quoted with an agenda.

Offline WAYNEINIONA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:22 PM »

And what agenda would that be?

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2020, 08:28:43 PM »
Some encouraging news (from B.C.):

Health officials say physical distancing restrictions in B.C. are successfully beginning to slow the number of new COVID-19 cases in the province, perhaps by as much as half.

But despite the "glimmer of hope," provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and other officials stressed that the province is not out of the woods and the health-care system still needs to be prepared for an inevitable surge in hospitalizations.

"I'm trying not to over-call it, but I do believe we've seen a flattening, a falling-off of that curve," Henry said Friday, referring to the growth of new COVID-19 patients in B.C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-modelling-numbers-dr-bonnie-henry-1.5512269
I live in BC in the interior and I can attest that people are wearing gloves, using leftover hand sanitizer, and keeping their distance.  So perhaps we will be spared somewhat or caught in the 2nd wave that seems to be coming like a distant tsunami.  Hope I am not being negative. Hope we all survive this...seems people are drinking a lot more....
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Covid-19 and Small business closures
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2020, 08:37:33 PM »
I said it was not normal protocol for this site, but not normal times, if the curators want to pull down the post, let them. However to get a E-com website designed by a master (believe me I have worked with him for 3 years and seen amazing results) for 2K is a steal. Try finding that anywhere. And I never said it was a charity.

Do you expect him to do it for free?   The main thing is if your business was closed and you are not selling squat, then you have a chance to change this, even if you use a different service to do so. I call it fighting the invisible war this way.
People have lost their livelihoods, so if this offends you by  someone trying to help then you have to look at yourself.  I will do a lot of positive things for society without rewards as I have always done, part of my makeup.  If I can help someone get there business back on their feet then that is a good thing.
I will leave it to the curators whether they want to remove the post.   
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
I said it was not normal protocol for this site, but not normal times, if the curators want to pull down the post, let them. However to get a E-com website designed by a master (believe me I have worked with him for 3 years and seen amazing results) for 2K is a steal. Try finding that anywhere. And I never said it was a charity.

Do you expect him to do it for free?   The main thing is if your business was closed and you are not selling squat, then you have a chance to change this, even if you use a different service to do so. I call it fighting the invisible war this way.
People have lost their livelihoods, so if this offends you by  someone trying to help then you have to look at yourself.  I will do a lot of positive things for society without rewards as I have always done, part of my makeup.  If I can help someone get there business back on their feet then that is a good thing.
I will leave it to the curators whether they want to remove the post.   

I'll compromise by just saying that we don't really need a 3rd separate Coronavirus thread for this.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2020, 02:33:56 AM »

If I'm reading the article correctly, the vitamin injections are being used to treat a byproduct of the infection in the very ill -sepsis. It's not being used as any other benefit that I could ascertain, and yet it takes careful reading past the sensationalist headlines to actually get any valid information.

It's these sort of articles that infuriates me, because they're manipulative, and often quoted with an agenda.

What agenda?  Did you actually comprehend anything of value of what was stated?

Seriously ill patients, yes seriously ill patients and who isn’t critically ill from Coronavirus and in the ICU.  At least steps are being taken in a new direction with this experimental cocktail of a treatment which also includes the usage of anti-malarial and anti-virals.  Furthermore, it should come as no surprise that Vit C can act both as an anti-viral and anti-bacterial manner in conjunction with a proper administration of therapy/treatment.  This has long been studied in natural medicine circles.

The idea of boosting the immune system thus uplifting the state of the patient due to nutritional deficiencies makes perfect sense.

A little bit of hope can go a long way to helping the hopeless.  It’s wonderful that traditional mainstream and non-traditional medicine come together for the betterment of humanity in the face of this insidious malady.

No one is professing cure with one method alone.  It takes an amalgam or a multi-faceted approach (even in the realm of “experimental’) to tackle the issue at hand.  The fact that the above was first tried in China successfully and being replicated in part here shows a diversified approach does indeed work.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:35:58 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2020, 08:39:41 AM »

1)The article is based on an old vaccine that we don't use anymore with the >65 crowd
2)The article was designed to highlight that a targeted vaccine program focused on the over 65 isn't sufficient to protect the >65 crowd.  It fails to meet levels for herd immunity making the targeted vaccine program insufficient when directed at the >65 crowd.  The point of the article was to indicate a wider immunization program, not to point out the ineffectiveness of the vaccine.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2020, 11:11:13 AM »
Alright. Unless it's coming from the WHO, CDC, or PHAC please refrain from posting medical advice. That's that.

This includes, but is not limited to, alternative forms of medicine and anything even remotely anti-vaxxy.

Keep your Vitamin C recommendations for your Facebook friends.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2020, 06:40:59 PM »
Alright. Unless it's coming from the WHO, CDC, or PHAC please refrain from posting medical advice. That's that.

This includes, but is not limited to, alternative forms of medicine and anything even remotely anti-vaxxy.

Keep your Vitamin C recommendations for your Facebook friends.

Deleted everything after this, both in support of and against it.

There are other places on the internet to discuss this stuff, please go elsewhere to dicusss it.

Thanks.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »
Just wanted to ask, what is everyone doing while at home during these heady times?  I know some of you have probably been watching some sports classics.  The Raptors platpyoff games leading up to their championship win are particularly refreshing. 

Me?  Watching t.v isn’t really my thing unless there are programs that interest me.  I’ve been on my computer, iPad with tutorials on card making (paper crafting).  Cricut Joy, anyone? Ladies?

P.S.  Thought I’d post this as a diversion to the mundane.

Click here: (today’s post)
https://www.tmlfans.ca/community/index.php?topic=5558.msg396686#msg396686
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:49:09 PM by hockeyfan1 »