Author Topic: Stars @ Leafs - Feb. 13th, 7:00pm - SNO, Fan 590  (Read 1215 times)

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Stars @ Leafs - Feb. 13th, 7:00pm - SNO, Fan 590
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2020, 12:10:27 PM »
I get that Andersen could of had goal 1 and 2...BUT, they were complete defensive miscues.

Agreed. They were also basically 1-on-1 situations. You need your goalie to stop those, but, more than that, you need to not let them happen, as they are high percentage chances. If the skaters do their jobs right on those plays, neither of those plays result in goals. They weren't Andersen at his best, but they're also definitely not all on him.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2020, 12:10:27 PM »

Offline dekedastardly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2020, 12:34:41 PM »
Campbell confirmed for Saturday. So much for getting Freddy going. Yes I know it's a back to back.

(Maybe Fred needs more practice)

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »
I get that Andersen could of had goal 1 and 2...BUT, they were complete defensive miscues.

Agreed. They were also basically 1-on-1 situations. You need your goalie to stop those, but, more than that, you need to not let them happen, as they are high percentage chances. If the skaters do their jobs right on those plays, neither of those plays result in goals. They weren't Andersen at his best, but they're also definitely not all on him.
Agreed but still, Bishop was far and away the better goalie. If we get Bishop level goaltending from Freddy were not even having this conversation.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2020, 12:55:01 PM »
Agreed but still, Bishop was far and away the better goalie. If we get Bishop level goaltending from Freddy were not even having this conversation.

Sure. Bishop played very well. The Leafs had the puck much more, had more scoring chances, etc. He was the better goalie last night. I don't think anyone's really questioning that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2020, 01:37:43 PM »

Sure. Bishop played very well. The Leafs had the puck much more, had more scoring chances, etc. He was the better goalie last night. I don't think anyone's really questioning that.

Ah ah ah.  You didn't start your statement with agreed.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »
Campbell confirmed for Saturday. So much for getting Freddy going. Yes I know it's a back to back.

(Maybe Fred needs more practice)
So whats your point? By starting Jack on Sat it gives Freddie an extra day and hes coming back from injury. This was very predictable. Buffalo should also be the tougher game to get a win.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Yesterday at 07:33:45 AM »

Sure. My only point is we can't pin a loss on Andersen's "below average" goaltending when we're not even having this conversation if the defensive miscues don't happen in the first place.

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Yesterday at 09:26:25 AM »

Sure. My only point is we can't pin a loss on Andersen's "below average" goaltending when we're not even having this conversation if the defensive miscues don't happen in the first place.

Andersen is at a .909% this season, he's been bad more often than good lately. You can't point to "defensive miscues", every team gives up quality chances, the best goalies in the league save alot of those chances, the worst don't.  Pretty much any good shot on net can be a defensive miscue, do you expect the Leafs to give up 0 shots? Andersen only faced 19 last game, he was bad.

Offline dekedastardly

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Yesterday at 09:44:19 AM »
That's how I see it too. Freddy seems to be struggling. I don't really care who you want to call your number one, who makes more money none of that should matter when you're faced with missing the playoffs and every game is huge. Right now, Campbell looks more confident in goal than Fred, so I go with him.

Remember when Binnington took Allen's job?

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Yesterday at 09:57:45 AM »
That's how I see it too. Freddy seems to be struggling. I don't really care who you want to call your number one, who makes more money none of that should matter when you're faced with missing the playoffs and every game is huge. Right now, Campbell looks more confident in goal than Fred, so I go with him.

Remember when Binnington took Allen's job?

Back to back this weekend they were always going to split these games. We'll see how they both have played come Sunday night

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #144 on: Yesterday at 09:57:45 AM »