Author Topic: Timothy Liljegren  (Read 265 times)

Offline sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Timothy Liljegren
« on: November 09, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »
I just had a look and he looks like he's playing decently well this year for the Marlies.  Any chance we see this guy come up this season?  He seems to be taking kind of long to develop and he kind of seems like a bit of a bust thus far.  He's certainly not what I was expecting.  Mind you the Leafs do get quite a bit of media hype and attention.  Thoughts?

TMLfans.ca

Timothy Liljegren
« on: November 09, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Timothy Liljegren
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 06:36:27 PM »
I kind of see a Stralman-like development path for him.  He'll take a bit longer, but could very well end up being defensively solid.

Offline Rob

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »
He's 20 years old. 

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »
He's 20 years old. 
Exactly breathe deep. 20 is very young. I like his game and think he'll be up next year.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »
I just had a look and he looks like he's playing decently well this year for the Marlies.  Any chance we see this guy come up this season?  He seems to be taking kind of long to develop and he kind of seems like a bit of a bust thus far.  He's certainly not what I was expecting.  Mind you the Leafs do get quite a bit of media hype and attention.  Thoughts?

You think he's developing slowly?

Offline sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 11:27:49 AM »

You think he's developing slowly?
You know what I didn't realize how young he is.  He was drafted a couple of years ago.  I just thought we would hear more about him by now.  He was a highly touted prospect, one of the top draft picks the Leafs have used recently.

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 11:41:18 AM »

I don't know how many defensemen picked outside of the top 10 make real impacts in their draft+3 year but I'm guessing it's a pretty small number.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »
Just watched the video on Liljegren injury, he was grabbing his right knee and was down a long time.  Damn, it really doesn't help his development time. They were saying great things about his game before this happened.  Hope it isn't too bad.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline sickbeast

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 02:38:36 PM »
Oh man that's terrible news.  Lots of injuries this season.  Good players going down.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
Last I heard, he was walking on it OK, hopefully it is not to bad or as bad as it looked.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »