Author Topic: Leafs Re-Aquire David Clarkson  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs Re-Aquire David Clarkson
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2019, 01:23:54 PM »
It seems a bit strange that there is a cap benefit to this. I wonder if they re-think how off-season cap limits are enforced in the next CBA.

They should really just make LTIR easier to implement. Get rid of the whole idea of needing to get as close to the cap as possible to maximize the benefit.

I'm with you, it doesn't make a lot of sense the way it is now.  If you're spending say $75M and you're happy with your team, and then suddenly a guy that makes $6M gets a career threatening injury in exhibition games for instance, why should the team be forced to get up to the cap to be able to use the benefit of LTIR?  You should be able to replace that player up to $6M and still have room thanks to LTIR.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2019, 01:23:54 PM »

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2019, 01:27:22 PM »
So does clarkson play on a line with Horton and Moore? That would be awesome.

What’s Perrault up to?

I thought Moore was playing with Spezza. Oh you mean the other Moore  ;D
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »
It seems a bit strange that there is a cap benefit to this. I wonder if they re-think how off-season cap limits are enforced in the next CBA.

They should really just make LTIR easier to implement. Get rid of the whole idea of needing to get as close to the cap as possible to maximize the benefit.

That's what I was getting at. Including in the off-season, players on LTIR shouldn't count towards the cap.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »