Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety  (Read 41435 times)

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
Re: Depression and Anxiety
« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »

Been back to suffering from some strong anxiety.  Then a friend told me about "Calm" an app that I downloaded through my phone. I did my first session with the program yesterday and found it was a very big help.  They give you a week for free then it costs 76 a year.
Worth a try for those of you looking for some non drug relief.

I've been vaping weed a lot more regularly lately myself. I think I just went through a long bout with anxiety lately. I wasn't able to sleep, my body felt wired all the time like I could hop out of bed and be alert immediately, increased and heavier heart rate and after 2 or 3 days of this I'd go home and nap for a few hours and then not be able to fall asleep again. I tried melatonin (huge waste) and sleep-eze (not bad although my anxiousness was still there so my body over-rided it at times). I thought for a while something was physically wrong with me but I did a bunch of tests and the doc thinks I'm in good physical health.

I'm finding vaping a higher CBD weed is really calming me down and I've been pretty good almost every night afterward. I do want to try this though because I don't want to be reliant on vaping most nights just to get a good night's sleep.

I went through a really difficult period in my life a few years ago (I don't post much here but I even vented in one thread a bit at one point) and nothing helped me get through it better than meditation did. Weed is helpful too, especially a high CBD strain, but it was more of a short term crutch for me and not a long term solution. I still use it occasionally whenever my stress and anxiety levels start climbing again, but it's meditation that helps fix the cause while weed only helps with the symptoms created by the root problem.

I used the Calm app for awhile but I've switched to one called Let's Meditate now because it allows me to download my favourite sessions instead of always streaming them. Meditating was a very difficult skill to learn at first as my brain and body actually seemed to fight against it since they were so used to the high strung "normal" that had been my life, but anything that teaches you to slow the mind down is worth the effort, whether that's meditation or yoga or Tai Chi or whatever works for you

I agree our brains need to unwind and it's probably best to do that without the effect of a drug of some sort, but vaping a higher CBD strain for the last little while has really has helped. Before trying it I would try to fall asleep and my mind would be racing, and over time that went from not being able to sleep due to a racing mind to worrying about being able to fall asleep in the first place, which led to a worse and worse cycle of anxiety. Would I be rested enough to work effectively without screwing things up? Maybe there's something wrong with me more than anxiety or insomnia? I started vaping and I was able to basically start believing that I could fall asleep normally again so my anxiety dissipated after I stopped associating my bed with not being able to sleep. I've weaned off the CBD lately and I've been mostly pretty good, I think it can be very useful, but it definitely shouldn't be the only tool anyone is using. I for sure have to look into meditation. I'll for sure have to train myself because I'm the kind of person that needs my mind focusing on something.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

TMLfans.ca

Re: Depression and Anxiety
« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »