Author Topic: What if the NHL has to cancel the rest of the season?  (Read 4750 times)

Online Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: What if the NHL has to cancel the rest of the season?
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »
I saw also that there was an agreement that eligible AHL players could be re-assigned to the NHL. I wonder if they'll allow for expanded rosters for getting the NHL back playing.

The football(soccer) authorities seem to be leaning towards allowing 5 substitutes instead of 3 for the remainder of any leagues that get playing in Europe and also allowing the squad size to be expanded from 25 to allow for the fact they could be playing several games in a short period with no real "pre-season" and then a minimal gap before a new season starts
"were going to need a bigger bench"
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »

“I think we shouldn’t play when the whole world is canceling seasons,” Gudas said. “Hockey would be the only team sport trying to power through it like this. They won’t let us go to the Olympics so we won’t get injured, but they want to keep the NHL season running in these times. If we kept playing, our sport would be swimming against the current a bit.

“Money is money, it’s what currently makes the world go round,” Gudas added. “It’s a bit sad that they are willing to risk the health of so many players for money.”
#BeBlessed

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »

“I think we shouldn’t play when the whole world is canceling seasons,” Gudas said. “Hockey would be the only team sport trying to power through it like this. They won’t let us go to the Olympics so we won’t get injured, but they want to keep the NHL season running in these times. If we kept playing, our sport would be swimming against the current a bit.

“Money is money, it’s what currently makes the world go round,” Gudas added. “It’s a bit sad that they are willing to risk the health of so many players for money.”
If there's anything we know about Gudas, it's his relentless concern for the health of fellow NHLers.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Online Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2020, 11:26:45 PM »

Aren't the NBA, MLB, and the top tier european soccer leagues trying to "power through it" too.

Online OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2020, 07:59:26 AM »

Aren't the NBA, MLB, and the top tier european soccer leagues trying to "power through it" too.

Isn't every business in the world trying to power through it?