Author Topic: Leafs sign LHD Teemu Kivihalme to one year ELC  (Read 867 times)

TMLfans.ca

Re: Leafs sign LHD Teemu Kivihalme to one year ELC
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile

Online Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »
https://theathletic.com/966849/2019/05/10/wheeler-teemu-kivihalmes-possession-driving-shot-generating-game-should-fit-with-leafs/

Why post stuff we can not read unless we buy a subscription.

I believe The Athletic offers a couple "free" articles you can read before you have to subscribe if you download the app.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 10:47:21 AM »
https://theathletic.com/966849/2019/05/10/wheeler-teemu-kivihalmes-possession-driving-shot-generating-game-should-fit-with-leafs/

You can read the first paragraph, and also try the free trial.  There's plenty of Leafs (and all other teams) content on there. It's actually so much that I can't keep up with it all unless I quit my job. Hmmm....

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 10:48:26 AM »
The Athletic is worth every penny, cost you about 3 Tim's coffee and breakfast sandwiches a month
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »

Some of us have a subsciption.

No insult intended, but if we can't read it then don't post it here, as it's a waist of space. I don't have money to burn so i don't go to Tim Hortons, but if I do have spare coin I send it here as this is my Leaf news spot, and has been so, just about since the site opened.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
No insult intended, but if we can't read it then don't post it here, as it's a waist of space.

This forum doesn't operate on a limited amount of posts per day, so I don't really see the issue. Some people have Athletic subs and I'm sure they appreciate stories being shared.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »
This conversation now has me looking for a belt with the Solar System printed on it.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 05:40:56 PM »

Some of us have a subsciption.

No insult intended, but if we can't read it then don't post it here, as it's a waist of space. I don't have money to burn so i don't go to Tim Hortons, but if I do have spare coin I send it here as this is my Leaf news spot, and has been so, just about since the site opened.

There are lots of online sports sites now that aren't free. Even the Toronto Star is subscription now so should people not post links of articles they think are worth reading cause other people might not have subscriptions? Isn't the goal of this site to share info and discussions about the Leafs and hockey in general? If an article, paid or free can stimulate more conversations I am all for it.

Online Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 02:39:36 PM »
No insult intended, but if we can't read it then don't post it here, as it's a waist of space.

This forum doesn't operate on a limited amount of posts per day, so I don't really see the issue. Some people have Athletic subs and I'm sure they appreciate stories being shared.
I have an Athletic subscription and I absolutely do want people to post references and links to Athletic articles.  If there's content here I have no interest in or use for, for instance  the posts and opinions from certain individuals, I merely ignore them.  That's what virtually anybody does.  Honestly, it's not complicated.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Treestar
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 02:41:51 PM »
This conversation now has me looking for a belt with the Solar System printed on it.

It's space around your waist!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 02:41:51 PM »