Author Topic: Mitch Marner: what now?  (Read 36008 times)

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Mitch Marner: what now?
« Reply #1095 on: July 13, 2019, 03:13:42 PM »

Thread reaches 100 pages or he signs. Which first?

I think the real question should be does Marner sign at all this season or does he sit out an entire year?

And does he get a Red Ryder B.B. Gun for Christmas this year???

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1095 on: July 13, 2019, 03:13:42 PM »

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 13, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »
I think 6-7yrs at 8.5mil. Then we sign Gardner on a one yr cheap deal.  I have a hunch this is all about squeezing Gardner in. After all he is still out there, and wants to stay. Then our D would be unreal, and we could take a real run at the cup.

Marner turned down 80 million over eight years, he's not signing for anywhere near what you suggest.

Nobody knows what was actually offered and what was turned down.

Ok, that's true, it's just the number that was reported. Either way he's obviously looking for a lot more than nutman's figures, is that alright to say?

Yeah I think it's more than fair to say that if 8.5 on a long term deal was what it would take from Marner's end that a deal would be done already. Predicting that sort of deal basically reads as predicting that Marner's team will just totally collapse and accept a deal that wasn't even as good as what Aho got.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 15, 2019, 10:51:09 AM »

McKenzie pretty much just said "get a life, nerds".

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 15, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »

McKenzie pretty much just said "get a life, nerds".

Interesting speculation from McKenzie that he believes Leafs would actually welcome an offer sheet at this point to resolve the matter one way or another

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 15, 2019, 04:05:13 PM »
I would love to see a petition started by us, and expanded to all Leaf fans everywhere.  We simply tell Mitch to sign a contract by a certain date (how about at a fair 9.5 Million) or we will boycott all of his advertising exploits in the future, we will simply say to advertisers, we are not interested in his mug selling us shit...let him play hockey for his millions.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 15, 2019, 04:27:59 PM »
I would love to see a petition started by us, and expanded to all Leaf fans everywhere.  We simply tell Mitch to sign a contract by a certain date (how about at a fair 9.5 Million) or we will boycott all of his advertising exploits in the future, we will simply say to advertisers, we are not interested in his mug selling us shit...let him play hockey for his millions.

Good lord.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 15, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »

I'm not sure what would be sadder, being that upset that a hockey player hasn't signed by mid-July or the implication that if he does sign that you'd be buying products just because he endorsed them.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 15, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
I already boycott Coca-Cola or whatever energy drink he endorses, but that's only because of that damn polar bear.

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #1103 on: July 15, 2019, 05:07:25 PM »
I already boycott Coca-Cola or whatever energy drink he endorses, but that's only because of that damn polar bear.

What with climate change and all youll be drinking coke in 5 or so years when all the polar bears have nowhere left to live
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 15, 2019, 05:51:30 PM »
Intact insurance you're dead to me

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 15, 2019, 06:38:07 PM »

Good lord.
Yes my son!
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 15, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »
Intact insurance you're dead to me
was dead to me when I moved to BC.
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 15, 2019, 09:05:23 PM »

Let me get this straight, you think that your client, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante, who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands, and your plan is to blackmail this person?

Good luck.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline 50 Mission Cap

• Global Moderator
  • Prospect
  • TMLfans.ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 15, 2019, 09:27:31 PM »

I'm not sure what would be sadder, being that upset that a hockey player hasn't signed by mid-July or the implication that if he does sign that you'd be buying products just because he endorsed them.

+1000

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 16, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1109 on: July 16, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »