Author Topic: Opening Round: San Jose vs Las Vegas  (Read 981 times)

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Round: San Jose vs Las Vegas
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »

Novel approach.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:43 AM »
I don’t necessarily care for it mostly because that play probably happens 20 times a game.  The outcome was worse here. So the call was made.  The refs didn’t really seem to give it much until they saw the player down.   I’m not super keen on punishing based on the outcome.

Chara leaving his feet and hitting Muzzin in the head should be a penalty/suspension for an illegal hit to the head.  It was ignored on the ice and Muzzin was fine so nothing comes of it.  That same hit happens and DeBrusk crumpled to the ice and feigns missing games with injury and it gets looked at by the league. 

Chara's play should have been a penalty, of course. But I'm not going to criticize a ref for making the right call just because some other ref didn't.

I'm not so much about criticizing the ref for making the "right call" as criticizing the league for not making the "right call" the standard.    I think its more that inconsistently applying punishment if anything limits getting crap out of the game.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »

Well, that's a take.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »

Well, that's a take.

Everyone knows if it was Donskoi they wouldn't have even tried on the PP.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »
I realize that I'm probably the only person who feels this way right now, but I don't hate the call. It was a pretty forceful crosscheck to an unsuspecting players chest after a lost face-off when the puck was 30 feet away and it appeared to cause a significant injury. There's really no place for that in the game, I don't understand what Eakin was thinking. That pretty much seems like a textbook major penalty for cross-checking, which automatically carries a game misconduct. If someone did that to Matthews we'd be livid.

I don’t necessarily care for it mostly because that play probably happens 20 times a game.  The outcome was worse here. So the call was made.  The refs didn’t really seem to give it much until they saw the player down.   I’m not super keen on punishing based on the outcome.

Chara leaving his feet and hitting Muzzin in the head should be a penalty/suspension for an illegal hit to the head.  It was ignored on the ice and Muzzin was fine so nothing comes of it.  That same hit happens and DeBrusk crumpled to the ice and feigns missing games with injury and it gets looked at by the league.

That's the thing that bugs me, they react to injuries as opposed to the actual play.  A guy could get hurt on a legal hit, it happens.  Sure the cross check was a penalty, but not 5 minutes just cause he was crumpled and hurt.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
  • CarltonTheBear was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
The penalty was good/bad whatever. The Knights allowed 4 pp goals in 5 minutes. That's insanely horrible goaltending and pk.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »