Author Topic: Leafs @ Canucks - Mar. 6th, 9:00pm - SNO, TSN 1050  (Read 3636 times)

Offline azzurri63

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Canucks - Mar. 6th, 9:00pm - SNO, TSN 1050
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
Back from Calgary after watching the Iginla retired jersey game vs Minny and then the Leaf game on Monday. Quite the scene there as it always is with huge support for the Leafs. Was a great weekend but highlight as an extra bonus was running into Matthews and 2 Flames out for dinner at the same restaurant we were at. Nice of them to let us get a pic. Also the Ennis hat trick and amount of hats thrown. Well back to the grind today for me but looking for another 2 points tonight from the Leafs. GLG.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:24:15 PM by azzurri63 »

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »
?s=20

Holl in for Oz on top of the 5'9Line???  What alternative universe are we living in?

Mine.
#BeBlessed

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline Coco-puffs

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
?s=20

Holl in for Oz on top of the 5'9Line???  What alternative universe are we living in?

Mine.

Are you and Jeffler the same person?

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
Haha I just saw that too. I’m a better skater.
#BeBlessed

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »
You don't know that the outcome would have been the same or different. Anyway, not denying his penalty killing abilities. Issue is he can't be a 1 dimensional player and play on the 3rd line. Hyman is virtually the same type of player that Brown is. Difference, Hyman is putting up some points and contributing offensively. Brown isn't and that becomes a liability especially in the playoffs when you need your bottom 6 to produce once in a while. I don't hate Brown at all but I think the Leafs have better options at the moment and will need them next year when he's gone.

This. Brown is a fine PKer and all, but, he's not so good that he's irreplaceable. It's quite possible that Moore or Petan could kill penalties just as well, while providing more at 5-on-5.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »
You don't know that the outcome would have been the same or different. Anyway, not denying his penalty killing abilities. Issue is he can't be a 1 dimensional player and play on the 3rd line. Hyman is virtually the same type of player that Brown is. Difference, Hyman is putting up some points and contributing offensively. Brown isn't and that becomes a liability especially in the playoffs when you need your bottom 6 to produce once in a while. I don't hate Brown at all but I think the Leafs have better options at the moment and will need them next year when he's gone.

This. Brown is a fine PKer and all, but, he's not so good that he's irreplaceable. It's quite possible that Moore or Petan could kill penalties just as well, while providing more at 5-on-5.
I think Babs should also try Nylander, Johnsson on the pk as well.

Online louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Treestar
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 02:49:41 PM »

I think Babs should also try Nylander, Johnsson on the pk as well.

IIRC, Johnsson did a litlte bit of PK work last year.  I have no idea why he hasn't really this season at all.

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »

Live feed of fourth line.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 03:11:18 PM »
Let Babcock enjoy the little time left that he has with Brown. Don't be mean.

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »
Well ok, I guess. I like Brown. He's a coaches kind of player. Works hard all the time. It's unfortunate his offence has all but disappeared.

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Reverse Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »

I'd like to see Moore and Kapanen killing penalties together. That speed could lead to a few shorties.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos Drew Doughty John Tavares

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »
Back from Calgary after watching the Iginla retired jersey game vs Minny and then the Leaf game on Monday. Quite the scene there as it always is with huge support for the Leafs. Was a great weekend but highlight as an extra bonus was running into Matthews and 2 Flames out for dinner at the same restaurant we were at. Nice of them to let us get a pic. Also the Ennis hat trick and amount of hats thrown. Well back to the grind today for me but looking for another 2 points tonight from the Leafs. GLG.

So ... where's the pic?

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 05:15:51 PM »
Well ok, I guess. I like Brown. He's a coaches kind of player. Works hard all the time. It's unfortunate his offence has all but disappeared.

Yeah, I don't understand why he's dried up so completely.  (Though I see he's got more assists this year than in either of his first two.)  To me he ought to be scoring 15-20 a year, as he did his first 2 seasons. This year, it seems, he doesn't get many chances (a problem in itself) and he doesn't finish them, more or less.  Both he and Kadri have had down years.

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 07:05:57 PM »
This should be a sparks game.

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 07:15:45 PM »