Author Topic: Carey Price Act of kindness  (Read 717 times)

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
Carey Price Act of kindness
« on: March 01, 2019, 09:09:46 PM »
I don't get highly moved too often, but this act of kindness to a little boy made me an instant fan.  I showed my wife and she cried, poor young lad lost his mom to cancer.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-carey-price-helps-mend-a-boys-broken-heart
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Guilt Trip

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Carey Price Act of kindness
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:43:19 PM »
I don't get highly moved too often, but this act of kindness to a little boy made me an instant fan.  I showed my wife and she cried, poor young lad lost his mom to cancer.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-carey-price-helps-mend-a-boys-broken-heart
C'mon admit it, you welled up too! Well done Carey. That was a father hugging his kid kinda hug right there. Love it. I also loved how he signed that 1st broken stick and then gave him a "good" one. Another shining example of what we all know, hockey players are simply the best!!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:43:19 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 10:27:58 AM »
That was a beautiful moment, a wonderful interacrion with a fan and a true act of kindness and heart.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »
Yeah I have to admit that was an awesome moment. I'm not normally inclined to give Habs players credit for anything but this can't be denied.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 07:20:01 PM »

C'mon admit it, you welled up too! Well done Carey. That was a father hugging his kid kinda hug right there. Love it. I also loved how he signed that 1st broken stick and then gave him a "good" one. Another shining example of what we all know, hockey players are simply the best!!
ya I was in a puddle of tears.  Highlander admits to being a softy.  ;)
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:09:18 PM »
Tugs at the heartstrings.