Author Topic: Preseason: sens @ Leafs - Sept. 18th, 7:30pm - SNO, TSN 1050  (Read 2174 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Preseason: sens @ Leafs - Sept. 18th, 7:30pm - SNO, TSN 1050
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »
You can assume. I'm not assuming. I've seen one preseason game. Actually I watched one period. I'm not going to pretend that I know what the team will look like in two weeks. But go ahead.

I'm not sure what the argument here is. Babcock generally doesn't mess around in pre-season. Barring some serious unexpected performances, good or bad, the lines we're seeing here with NHLers are very likely going to be the lines we see in game 1 of the season.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »

Online Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »
91 is the upside down of 16

I will pay for a Maple Leafs themed T-shirt where somebody exploits that with a Yin Yang symbol.  I mean, literally, side-by-side, the middle part of 1691 generally makes the Yin Yang symbol.

I'll take 10% of royalties if one of you develops and markets this shirt.

Something like this?

I don't have time now to get the colors right.

Thanks for making the effort.  I was actually talking about using the natural shapes of the two circle halves to each make the 6 and the 9 shapes, and then the design would somehow have two 1s on either side that somehow fit in.  But to have proper 6 and 9 shapes, the whole symbol has to be mirror image.

Thanks for having a go, though!
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 04:49:09 PM »
This is what I was thinking of initially:

Here's my sort of:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:10:04 PM by herman »

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 04:50:47 PM »
This is what I was thinking of initially:

Cool, I want that on a wheel I can spin.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
91 is the upside down of 16

I will pay for a Maple Leafs themed T-shirt where somebody exploits that with a Yin Yang symbol.  I mean, literally, side-by-side, the middle part of 1691 generally makes the Yin Yang symbol.

I'll take 10% of royalties if one of you develops and markets this shirt.

Something like this?

I don't have time now to get the colors right.

Thanks for making the effort.  I was actually talking about using the natural shapes of the two circle halves to each make the 6 and the 9 shapes, and then the design would somehow have two 1s on either side that somehow fit in.  But to have proper 6 and 9 shapes, the whole symbol has to be mirror image.

Thanks for having a go, though!

Gotcha.  That would look cool, but I don't know how you'd do the 1s to match the curviness of a yin-yang as displayed here.  Probably would need to redraw the y-y shape using the beveled corners of the 6 & 9 as in the jersey typeface.

Online OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 06:35:25 PM »
You can assume. I'm not assuming. I've seen one preseason game. Actually I watched one period. I'm not going to pretend that I know what the team will look like in two weeks. But go ahead.

I'm not sure what the argument here is. Babcock generally doesn't mess around in pre-season. Barring some serious unexpected performances, good or bad, the lines we're seeing here with NHLers are very likely going to be the lines we see in game 1 of the season.

I wouldn't call it an argument. The poster had a big question mark around Leivo with Kadri and Brown. I simply said that we can't be sure that come the start of the regular season that the line will be in tact. Again, I agree that those assured a spot, can basically be penciled in but until I see Leivo play full time, I'd hesitate to assume he has a spot on the roster.

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »