Author Topic: Ontario Election 2018  (Read 12796 times)

Online hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
Re: Ontario Election 2018
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2019, 02:38:08 AM »
The next step may very well be privatization of the LCBO. 

Vehemently disagree with the concept because it brings in major revenue for the provincial government / province of Ontario in terms of providing some source of funding for provincial programs that benefit the greater good.

The Ford government’s social policy initiatives have been misguided — cutting funding to municipalities that in turn affect public health, climate change, urban development, etc.  Giving developers free reign to expand (urban sprawl ) without any thought to proper planning & development is simply neglectful, irresponsible, and unfettered pandering.

All Conservatives give a damn about is the ring of the cash register, so to speak.  At least this Ford government has demonstrated that aptly in it’s erred approach.  Thank goodness that funding cuts will be frozen at least for the time being.  The voice of the people has spoken!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-beer-wine-convenience-corner-stores-lcbo-doug-ford-1.5137127
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:40:25 AM by hockeyfan1 »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2019, 02:38:08 AM »

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
I don't mind having a two pronged approach. I think we should buy liquor at cheaper prices than we have currently (the LCBO pseudo price fixes alcohol it seems...) but I do agree with the tax revenue the LCBO provides.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »