Author Topic: Armchair GM 2018-2019  (Read 50825 times)

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Armchair GM 2018-2019
« Reply #630 on: July 09, 2018, 05:28:26 PM »
I'm not sure which European league practices this, but the idea that the top seeds get to pick their opponent is kind of cool.  It would add some intrigue to the end of the season.

That would actually be kind of fun.  Would create a great incentive for the team that an opponent chooses. It would really make things interesting if say in a hypothetical scenario Tampa has an injury to Kucherov in the first round and a team tries to take them on when they are banged up if they know he would miss the series.

Yeah, I think it would be fun.  Another great reason to want to finish at the top of your division and add more value to the regular season.

Online Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 09, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
I'm not sure which European league practices this, but the idea that the top seeds get to pick their opponent is kind of cool.  It would add some intrigue to the end of the season.

That would actually be kind of fun.  Would create a great incentive for the team that an opponent chooses. It would really make things interesting if say in a hypothetical scenario Tampa has an injury to Kucherov in the first round and a team tries to take them on when they are banged up if they know he would miss the series.

The only scenario we have to deal with is the Leafs winning he Cup, we all have to start to go in visualization mode, we have the Cup in our hands already.
Know it sounds crazy but what happens if Stamkos and some other Tampa players go down, it can open a lot of doors quickly, nothing is written in stone.  Napoleon said "Imagination rules the world".  Its time to start believing, we deserve a lot more than the last 50 years of suffering.
Babcock said when we get this going, "they are going to come home" and with JT signing are they ever.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #631 on: July 09, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 09, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »
"Once we make it SAFE here (with a home-drafted superstar core), they'll be coming home. Mark my words... they'll be coming home."

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 16, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »
Trade deadline D possibilities: Kronwall, Boumeester, Del Zotto, Edler, Lovejoy
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2018, 03:31:32 PM »
Yawn, let's get this season started already!

The Leafs sign any veteran D on a short term contract yet? Sbisa? Hamhuis? Emelin?
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 18, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »

The Leafs sign any veteran D on a short term contract yet? Sbisa? Hamhuis? Emelin?
[/

Nope, and that's because we will promote from within, and rightly so, as we have some very serious defensive talent almost ready.

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »

[/

Nope, and that's because we will promote from within, and rightly so, as we have some very serious defensive talent almost ready.
That's news to me. "Serious defensive talent"... no ones there yet and we need it today not tomorrow.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 23, 2018, 09:07:17 AM »
I think it's time for a bit of mutual back scratching:

to TOR: Trouba, Griffith(!!!)
to WPG: Gardiner, Nielsen, Greenway, 3rd Rd Pick

Trouba's relationship with the Jets is pretty sour by now, after a dogfight of an arbitration hearing. Gardiner goes to another contender that's closer to home and in need of LD stability. We give up more because Trouba is younger and still RFA.

The throw-ins are debatable.
#BeBlessed

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 23, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »

Trouba's relationship with the Jets is pretty sour by now, after a dogfight of an arbitration hearing. Gardiner goes to another contender that's closer to home and in need of LD stability. We give up more because Trouba is younger and still RFA.

I'm down. And Winterpeg needs LD if I remember correctly.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 23, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

I'm down. And Winterpeg needs LD if I remember correctly.

They should be more inclined to move Tyler Myers, who is of similar age to Gardiner and same cap hit as Trouba. But they certainly wouldn't get as much in return.
#BeBlessed

Offline Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 23, 2018, 09:36:01 AM »
If I remember correctly one of the issues for Trouba is that he wants to live in the US as his Father can't enter Canada due to criminal record.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:26 AM »
If I remember correctly one of the issues for Trouba is that he wants to live in the US as his Father can't enter Canada due to criminal record.

You know what would be fun?

to TOR: Hamilton
to WPG: Gardiner
to CAR: Trouba

plus whatever else we would need to furnish the trade to even out values (more from us probably -- Kapanen/Brown/Johnsson, Top 90 picks, B-prospects), but we'd get a cost controlled 1RD at the end of it.
#BeBlessed

Offline Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 23, 2018, 10:15:35 AM »
I'm one of the rare folks who isn't a Hamilton fan.  Just always seems to be a guy that can't get to the next level or care that he can't.

You know what would be fun?

to TOR: Hamilton
to WPG: Gardiner
to CAR: Trouba

plus whatever else we would need to furnish the trade to even out values (more from us probably -- Kapanen/Brown/Johnsson, Top 90 picks, B-prospects), but we'd get a cost controlled 1RD at the end of it.

Offline Bill_Berg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 23, 2018, 10:38:45 AM »

You ruined it.

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 04, 2018, 06:40:11 PM »
What do we think it would cost to offload Horton?  Any possibility it happens?