Author Topic: 2017-2018 Toronto Raptors Thread: "O.G...Change Is In the Air!"  (Read 6094 times)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2017-2018 Toronto Raptors Thread: "O.G...Change Is In the Air!"
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
For as long as man has walked upon this earth, he has blamed a woman for his own mistakes.  ::)

I'm ok with her getting thrown under a bus a little. There is legit evidence that suggests it was her and not Bryan, isn't there?

What I do think is a little crappy is Bryan taking over that bus, reversing it over her, and then driving forward again:

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2018, 03:33:56 PM »

Although, to be fair, the story is a lot funnier if it was his wife.

Amen!

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »
For as long as man has walked upon this earth, he has blamed a woman for his own mistakes.  ::)

I'm ok with her getting thrown under a bus a little. There is legit evidence that suggests it was her and not Bryan, isn't there?

What I do think is a little crappy is Bryan taking over that bus, reversing it over her, and then driving forward again:

Yeah, I'm with you Carlton on this one. Nothing else matters in the grand scheme of things then what happens at home with your family. This press release is awful and cringe worthy. I can't imagine the thought process behind this, family first. Take one for the team. Not a big fan of this guy.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2018, 04:38:57 PM »

The evidence was those accounts listed what appeared to be her phone number as the recovery number. And obviously these 'interviews' with lawyers.

Of course, after Colangelo was directly asked about 2 of the 5 accounts, the unmentioned 3 went dark immediately.

So either

a) Barbara was running the accounts and was tipped off by whoever first fielded the call from the Sixer's staff (i.e. they knew of its existence)

b) Barbara was running the accounts, and after going through a couple, Bryan noticed they revealed information that he had shared with her in confidence/frustration and raised the concern to her immediately

c) Bryan was running the accounts through Barbara all along and in an effort to salvage his job and reputation, used his patsy.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2018, 04:44:48 PM »

The evidence was those accounts listed what appeared to be her phone number as the recovery number. And obviously these 'interviews' with lawyers.

Of course, after Colangelo was directly asked about 2 of the 5 accounts, the unmentioned 3 went dark immediately.

So either

a) Barbara was running the accounts and was tipped off by whoever first fielded the call from the Sixer's staff (i.e. they knew of its existence)

b) Barbara was running the accounts, and after going through a couple, Bryan noticed they revealed information that he had shared with her in confidence/frustration and raised the concern to her immediately

c) Bryan was running the accounts through Barbara all along and in an effort to salvage his job and reputation, used his patsy.

No doubt the final answer.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2018, 12:15:00 PM »

So either

If it was c), and an interview was part of the evidence, wouldn't that suggest that Barbara was okay with being being the patsy?

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »

So either

No doubt the final answer.

Why "no doubt"?

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
If it was c), and an interview was part of the evidence, wouldn't that suggest that Barbara was okay with being being the patsy?

And, to that point, if your spouse did something that might seriously jeopardize their future career but you could take the hit at no real personal cost isn't it a pretty natural instinct to want to do that?
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »
Woj reporting the Raptors have decided on Nick Nurse as the new head coach.

Offline KaiSlater

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2018, 05:01:48 AM »
Thanks for the information, very helpful. I will share with you a link to the guys https://paperleaf.ca/toronto/ who help write a great resume. Honestly, it's a godsend!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:06:09 AM by KaiSlater »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2018, 02:58:41 AM »
Raptors recently signed C Greg Monroe, formerly of the Boston Celtics, to a one year $2.2M contract.  Monroe, while a nine-year veteran, will provide the Raptors with good rebounding & passing and also gives the Raptors more flexibility at the centre position.

Story:
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-free-agent-center-greg-monroe-agrees-1-year-2-2m-deal-raptors-192815227.html
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:00:42 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 08:02:27 AM »
Canadian Olympian Tamara Tatham makes history, as she becomes the first ever female Canadian coach (in a mentor role) for the Raptors 905 Men's G League.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2018/08/15/raptors-905-make-history-by-hiring-canadian-olympian-tamara-tatham.html

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 08:02:27 AM »