Author Topic: Free Agent Pursuit Thread(No You-Know-Who)  (Read 15089 times)

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Free Agent Pursuit Thread(No You-Know-Who)
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »
Set Jones Resigned with Colombus. Decent cap hit (5.4M)

Did you just roll out of bed?

http://www.tmlfans.ca/community/index.php?topic=3938.0

Offline Coco-puffs

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2016, 12:17:44 PM »

Since the Leafs don't have their 3rd round pick next year, they can't table offer sheets with AAV's between $3,755,233 and $9,388,080.  I know Seth Jones is now signed, but there were a few here thinking we should try but it wouldn't have been possible unless we traded something to Detroit to get our 3rd round pick back or were willing to give up four 1st round picks.  Same goes for any other RFA's people may have been considering.  (And it applies next year- 3rd Round pick belongs to NJ thanks to signing Lou)

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2016, 12:20:37 PM »
Since the Leafs don't have their 3rd round pick next year, they can't table offer sheets with AAV's between $3,755,233 and $9,388,080.  I know Seth Jones is now signed, but there were a few here thinking we should try but it wouldn't have been possible unless we traded something to Detroit to get our 3rd round pick back or were willing to give up four 1st round picks.  Same goes for any other RFA's people may have been considering.  (And it applies next year- 3rd Round pick belongs to NJ thanks to signing Lou)

Nah, we covered that already. When they added the compensation for coaches rule they allowed teams with outstanding picks owed to offer sheet players as if they had those picks and, if successful, defer compensation a year.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline Coco-puffs

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2016, 12:26:59 PM »

Nah, we covered that already. When they added the compensation for coaches rule they allowed teams with outstanding picks owed to offer sheet players as if they had those picks and, if successful, defer compensation a year.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was just following the graphics on that link above where the Leafs symbol is grayed out in certain compensation brackets.  Not everything you see on the internet is correct :P

Offline TBLeafer

• Veteran
  • One with the Shanaplan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »
Re Martin rumours...

Yeah, I'd much prefer Stamkos.  Keep 'em guessing though, Lou!

Komarov>Martin

Offline Jolly good show chaps

• Rookie
  • Pip pip
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2016, 04:02:59 PM »
Would anyone take a punt on Eric Staal if he could be had for a few million dollars for a couple of seasons (or even one season if there's nothig else out there for him)? A veteran presence and a bit of mentoring could be useful.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
He doesn't seem like the mentoring type to me.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
The whole Staal family strike me as guys to avoid. 

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2016, 04:48:59 PM »
Days like today are fun, but they really make me dislike the league quite a bit.

PK Subban was traded, at least in part because of his skin color, anyone denying that is a liar or a fool.

You have absolute morons in Bergevin and Chiarelli running top NHL teams, you only get that if you have a sport that's completely incestuous and full of nepotism, there is zero chance these guys should be making these kinds of decisions.

I think it goes back to the origins of hockey being a sport of nobility and the British's role in having "the right element" in it. All the pushback about how hockey players are a different breed and how this and that isn't acceptable in hockey, it's pathetic. It seems to have such a small town vibe to it and not in a good way.

Ugh.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »
Days like today are fun, but they really make me dislike the league quite a bit.

PK Subban was traded, at least in part because of his skin color, anyone denying that is a liar or a fool.

You have absolute morons in Bergevin and Chiarelli running top NHL teams, you only get that if you have a sport that's completely incestuous and full of nepotism, there is zero chance these guys should be making these kinds of decisions.

I think it goes back to the origins of hockey being a sport of nobility and the British's role in having "the right element" in it. All the pushback about how hockey players are a different breed and how this and that isn't acceptable in hockey, it's pathetic. It seems to have such a small town vibe to it and not in a good way.

Ugh.

Skin colour? I'm gonna go with no, idiocy yes.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »

I'm not having that Tigger, the kid basically built a wing of a hospital, won a Norris trophy and they've done nothing but shit on him and now they trade him away in a horrible deal.

At a certain point, there is no smoke without fire.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »

I'm not having that Tigger, the kid basically built a wing of a hospital, won a Norris trophy and they've done nothing but shit on him and now they trade him away in a horrible deal.

Sure the deal is horrible but I don't find any sense of a pigmentism issue with PK in Montreal, like not at all.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuADxN3-Zws[/youtube]
I wish he landed here.
#BeBlessed

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »

Sure the deal is horrible but I don't find any sense of a pigmentism issue with PK in Montreal, like not at all.

How do they justify treating a Norris trophy winner who is an exceptional human being the way they have?

Nobody can explain it apparently, everyone is scared to call it what it really is.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »
Got nothing to do with skin color at all, with attitude probably. PK doesnt take shit easily but that could be said of half the NHL players.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki