Author Topic: Minor Ex-Leaf News  (Read 25007 times)

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Ex-Leaf News
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »
Sure it can be made by these young men that are sort of "famous"....My point is, it isn't exclusive to hockey. That is all.

I don't think anyone ever said it was. In fact the post of mine you're referring to explicitly says that saying it's particularly a problem within hockey is not saying it's exclusive to hockey.

And again, I think you need to recognize that your experiences aren't universal. What people like me and CtB are saying is that despite this sort of thing being commonplace in some environments you frequent, it's not in others and your perception of what was "okay" or accepted in society is more of a reflection of the parts of society you're familiar with than it is a grand, sweeping statement about society as a whole.

Yep, you're right.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »

Not a minor Leaf, but semi-minor news. Probably doesnt mind the break in game action!
#BeBlessed

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2020, 11:59:29 AM »
Now he finds out what Love truly is.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2020, 11:52:24 AM »
#BeBlessed

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
I really liked Holland. It's too bad things never really worked out in the NHL.

edit: I couldn't really remember how we acquired him originally. It was Jesse Blacker (bust) and a 2nd and 7th round draft pick. Those picks ended up being used on Marcus Pettersson and Ondrej Kase. We obviously can't suggest that the Leafs would have picked the same players but interesting that Anaheim really nailed those specific picks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:00:15 PM by CarltonTheBear »

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2020, 12:55:09 PM »

edit: I couldn't really remember how we acquired him originally. It was Jesse Blacker (bust) and a 2nd and 7th round draft pick. Those picks ended up being used on Marcus Pettersson and Ondrej Kase. We obviously can't suggest that the Leafs would have picked the same players but interesting that Anaheim really nailed those specific picks.

Anaheim always seems to do well with picks they acquire from the Leafs - Sam Steel, Maxime Comtois, Rickard Rakell, John Gibson...we shouldn't let them have any more of our picks.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2020, 01:17:39 PM »

Anaheim always seems to do well with picks they acquire from the Leafs - Sam Steel, Maxime Comtois, Rickard Rakell, John Gibson...we shouldn't let them have any more of our picks.

Um, why not just poach their scouting staff.
https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/q-a-ducks-director-of-amateur-scouting-martin-madden/c-675621
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:19:50 PM by herman »
#BeBlessed

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »

Polak's signed with a team in Europe for 20/21. What's interesting is his comments seem to suggest he wouldn't want to return to the States to participate in Dallas' playoff run. Maybe there's some translation issues there and he'll offer a correction but that's what it seems to say. There's more in the thread.

He also talked about how frustrating his season was in Dallas as he had to play in a rotation for a long period of time and it was difficult to stay motivated.