Author Topic: Minor Ex-Leaf News  (Read 17459 times)

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Ex-Leaf News
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2019, 06:23:58 PM »
Katya Knappe of PPP has been talking about this mushy spot in the cap: players that you’re paying 1-2M are a waste.

The performance they’re likely providing can either be had for league min (50%) or you could push a bit more money into a clearly better player. The players the Leafs have bumped out are kind of in this space or completely out of the league: Lindholm, Leivo, Carrick, Polak... not sure what the hell Hainsey’s agent said to Dorion but he really should be in that range too (Cup ring bonus).

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2019, 06:23:58 PM »

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2019, 05:54:44 AM »
not sure what the hell Hainsey’s agent said to Dorion but he really should be in that range too (Cup ring bonus).

The fact that he got a raise over last year's salary is mind boggling.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
https://theleafsnation.com/2019/09/09/exclusive-colin-greening-on-his-career-kyle-dubas-the-marlies-as-the-nhls-33rd-team-and-more/

My favourite player coming back from the Phaneuf trade got himself accepted into Harvard

TLN: In closing, what did you take away from your stint with the Marlies?

Colin Greening: “If it wasn’t for the Leafs organization, I would’ve retired years ago. I think the whole situation in Ottawa [threw] me for a bit of a loop. I wasn’t quite sure if I was going to find a role for myself again. I think I want to thank the Marlies organization for giving me a purpose again and the chance to enjoy playing hockey. That really, ultimately, kept me going for myself. I knew I wanted to pursue other goals and figure out what I wanted to do with my life — but I could have easily done that without playing hockey. But I still enjoyed going to the rink, I still enjoyed being around the guys and I mean for anyone whose not familiar with the organization, before Las Vegas came into [the NHL], we would joke that we were the 31st NHL team. Now, we would say we’re the [33rd] NHL team. It was an organization that treated not only myself, but my family, really really well.

One example [was] when my daughter was born in playoffs. They were flying me in-and-out to see my family because my wife gave birth in Boston and we were in Toronto during the playoffs. I thought that was very classy. A lot of times it was actually Kyle who would suggest it and say ‘Hey I think you should go back tonight, after the game. Tomorrow morning we’ll book a flight for you.’ So I think those are little tiny things that are really important in an organization — it shows they care about the players. Sports is a very cutthroat industry but when you feel like you’re valued as a player and as a person I think that really makes a big difference.”
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:45:40 AM by herman »

Online Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »
https://theleafsnation.com/2019/09/09/exclusive-colin-greening-on-his-career-kyle-dubas-the-marlies-as-the-nhls-33rd-team-and-more/

My favourite player coming back from the Phaneuf trade got himself accepted into Harvard

TLN: In closing, what did you take away from your stint with the Marlies?

Colin Greening: “If it wasn’t for the Leafs organization, I would’ve retired years ago. I think the whole situation in Ottawa [threw] me for a bit of a loop. I wasn’t quite sure if I was going to find a role for myself again. I think I want to thank the Marlies organization for giving me a purpose again and the chance to enjoy playing hockey. That really, ultimately, kept me going for myself. I knew I wanted to pursue other goals and figure out what I wanted to do with my life — but I could have easily done that without playing hockey. But I still enjoyed going to the rink, I still enjoyed being around the guys and I mean for anyone whose not familiar with the organization, before Las Vegas came into [the NHL], we would joke that we were the 31st NHL team. Now, we would say we’re the [33rd] NHL team. It was an organization that treated not only myself, but my family, really really well.

One example [was] when my daughter was born in playoffs. They were flying me in-and-out to see my family because my wife gave birth in Boston and we were in Toronto during the playoffs. I thought that was very classy. A lot of times it was actually Kyle who would suggest it and say ‘Hey I think you should go back tonight, after the game. Tomorrow morning we’ll book a flight for you.’ So I think those are little tiny things that are really important in an organization — it shows they care about the players. Sports is a very cutthroat industry but when you feel like you’re valued as a player and as a person I think that really makes a big difference.”
Colin's quote should go in the Mitch Marner section. 

Especially "it shows they care about the players. Sports is a very cutthroat industry but when you feel like you’re valued as a player and as a person I think that really makes a big difference".
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »