Author Topic: Gustavsson  (Read 39914 times)

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Gustavsson
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »
He's keeping us in games and really, one can't ask much more from a back-up. I'd like to see that SV% grow but I think with more games, we might just see that. 

Offline Mordac

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »
I'm half hoping Riemer is out for a few more....give Gus a chance to get into a groove.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »
I hope he plays well tonight. I dont know if I like Gus yet as the backup. So please get back soon Mr Reimer

Offline Rebel_1812

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:50 PM »
That's pretty impressive that you remember the quality of the goals that were scored on Fleury between 5 and 8 years ago.  Very impressive actually.

I know its a skill.  I still remember Theodore's backhand save against boston and that was like 10 years ago.

Offline Michael

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
Gus looks better and better with every start. What a relief.

He has stepped up huge and is looking like a guy who would like to play a lot more.

Good news for the Leafs.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Gustavsson
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »
Siegel says Gustavsson starts tomorrow in Ottawa. Can't believe he's going back to back.

Offline Moot Point

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »
Gus deserves the start but in a back to back game shouldn't they put in Scrivens?
I guess we're optimists because we are Maple Leaf Fans.

Offline Edeagle

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2011, 11:43:32 PM »
Well Gus is the backup so back to back games really shouldnt be an issue.. it's not like he's got 60 more games to play. Great gamer tonight.. he's making some ridiculous saves. He's still getting scored on.. but they're not bad goals.

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2011, 12:34:59 AM »
good for Gus tonight

Offline avatarx51

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2011, 01:51:28 AM »
the guy is hot right now, why not put him in? keep putting him in till he loses one then bring in reimer.

Offline The Man with a Plan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:23 AM »
I don't think there is anything wrong with giving him a shot to run with things and let reimer not feel rushed back too early. If memory serves me right some of his games last year wouldn't have been losses had he had the feeling that the guys would at least score more then 2 goals at max for him.  Offensively we can give him a better chance to squeak out a win then before. Let's take the chance to build up his confidence in himself and the rest of the guys, nothing bad can come from it.
"I'd have my ---- out if I scored four goals" Joe Thornton

Boyd Devereaux tried to lose. He was just so horrible when he tried to shoot wide he accidentally score 3 times.

Offline L K

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »
I don't think there is anything wrong with giving him a shot to run with things and let reimer not feel rushed back too early. If memory serves me right some of his games last year wouldn't have been losses had he had the feeling that the guys would at least score more then 2 goals at max for him.  Offensively we can give him a better chance to squeak out a win then before. Let's take the chance to build up his confidence in himself and the rest of the guys, nothing bad can come from it.

Yeah, the team doesn't play until Wednesday with another pair of back-to-backs, maybe start Gustavsson tonight, and then play him again on Thursday just to keep Reimer in good condition.  Start playing Reimer regularly again after that.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Gustavsson
« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »
I don't think it's a big issue playing lots over the course of the season, but back to back nights is tough on players. You see fatigue on everyone and considering he faced 37 shots, it wasn't an easy workload for him. I just hope he's rested enough to make the stops he needs tonight.

Offline cw

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »
He's probably going to get lots of rest when Reimer's back. I suspect he slept pretty well last night after playing well against the Pens. He seems to be getting better and more confident with each game. I'd ride him for a few more games until he falters or Reimer returns.

Offline Michael

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
That was a heck of a shot in the head he took when he came out hard late in the game. Gus appears to be more durable and tough than previous years.