Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 35955 times)

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1230 on: January 15, 2021, 11:58:39 AM »
Thank you all guys. We may just be random people on an Internet forum from all around the globe brought together by the love of a frustrating team of guys skating about playing a game. But it?s our little community and it?s nice to have those links and people to chat with while we?re locked down at home.

Everyone look after themselves cos I want as many of us to get through this unscathed as possible so our biggest concerns are whether someone is getting $0.5m of some corporations money more than we think they should be  ;D
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 15, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
Sorry Arn, lost my Mom in February at 97. Never easy whatever age.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 15, 2021, 03:50:52 PM »
Dammit, sorry to hear it, Arn.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 15, 2021, 03:53:57 PM »
I just got my vaccine. Man, arriving at the clinic was like arriving home after a long, exhausting trip, just such a relief. Getting the booster in 3 weeks.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 15, 2021, 04:15:41 PM »
I?m sorry to hear this as well. 

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 16, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »
I just got my vaccine. Man, arriving at the clinic was like arriving home after a long, exhausting trip, just such a relief. Getting the booster in 3 weeks.
Good for you HS, I am just under 65 but have an underlying condition, I can't wait for the vaccine. I need to travel in June for my job so want to be ready.   Johnson & Johnson should be approved by February, only one dose with that one.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 16, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »
Thanks all. My granny died last night, my dad got a phone call at 0.40 saying he should probably get to the hospital ASAP (30 minutes drive away), he got there for 1.20 and my granny passed at 1.30. Nobody had been able to see her since she?d been taken in a few days ago but thankfully they managed to get some family in on time to be with her at the end so we?ll always be thankful to the medical staff for that and for their attempts at helping her recover.

Just hope that people adhere to rules (and the leaders actually start getting the rules right) to help avoid having this impact anyone else needlessly.
So sorry to hear that man. We lost my gran a few years ago at age 88. She had a bug, seemed ok, went to the hospital a few days later and died on a ventilator a week later. It's heartbreaking.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 16, 2021, 02:26:14 PM »
So great to hear!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: Yesterday at 08:05:43 AM »
Sorry for your loss Arn.