Author Topic: Phaneuf to have disciplinary hearing (2 game suspension)  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Phaneuf to have disciplinary hearing (2 game suspension)
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
In those 18 games Fraser played 15 of them and was a healthy scratch in 3 of them.

He's actually only been a healthy scratch once. The other two games he missed were the result of a minor injury he suffered in the team's first game against Buffalo. He's really only been healthy for 16. He's just been off the IR for 18.

Thanks, forgot about that. So that means Rielly has played in less than half the games where we've had a healthy defence.

I think that's nuts.  He is the future of the D and he's not going to learn from sitting many games in the skybox.  I was ambivalent about keeping him up at all, but once they did, they need to play him more often than not.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »
Is this suspension consistent with other checks from behind this year, by guys with no previous (or recent) history of suspensions?

If it is then fine. If it varies then I have a problem (along with my Seidenberg problem)

Like Potvin said Ashton got 2 games for a similar play. But the problem is you can probably find more instances where a boarding call like that didn't get a sniff from the DOPS.

Did Fisher get anything for his hit on Franson?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »
I have no issue with the suspension - but for some reason this came to mind - no suspension. I know, different era, this isn't comparable, but if there's one thing the NHL is consistent with is it's inconsistency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Z6T3x770U

That hit was pretty blatant.  Bet if it had been today, Roberts would have gotten suspended somehow.

Offline Hampreacher

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
If his name is Chara he gets nothing. If you watch the video one thing that stands out is Phaneufmakes contact after turning away as to avoid contact. Miller had his head down and changed direction.  If the Neil and Thornton incidents had not happened game before would Phaneuf even get a hearing. What about the hit during the Bruins Canadiens game thursday. Was it not just as violent. Julien knows his guy is going to be suspended so he is playing the sympathy card with thr league

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »
If his name is Chara he gets nothing. If you watch the video one thing that stands out is Phaneufmakes contact after turning away as to avoid contact. Miller had his head down and changed direction. 

Yeah, that's just not true. Miller makes no turn whatsoever and Phaneuf hits him right in the numbers into the boards. That was an easy and, should be, automatic suspension.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx