Author Topic: Leafs claim Tim Erixon off waivers  (Read 10912 times)

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Reverse Tank!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs claim Tim Erixon off waivers
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
So how has Erixon been playing?   I haven't seen them play for awhile.  Hoping he he and Sill are keepers

He's only played 4 games so far, sat a bunch of times. He's played limited minutes with a different defensive partner in each game and 3 of them haven't been NHL calibre (Brewer, Granberg, MacWilliam), the other was playing with a soon-to-be season ending injury (Robidas). So while his results haven't been great he hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed. Given the options available one thing that should absolutely happen in the remaining games is him being put back in the line-up and played in a top-4 role alongside Rielly. May as well see what he's got.

Are they just playing Brewer to get him to 1000 games?

That's my thought as he only needs 2 more, and who knows if he even plays after this season.  I think Erixon has more potential, and Brewer has been downright terrible, so I can't think of any other reason than that.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos Drew Doughty John Tavares

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »

That's what I had hoped, but since the deadline he's received the 2nd most even-strength minutes on the team, behind Gardiner. You'd think that they'd be sheltering him a bit if they were just doing this as a courtesy.

Offline Al14

• Veteran
  • Leafs fan for life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42:24 PM »

That's what I had hoped, but since the deadline he's received the 2nd most even-strength minutes on the team, behind Gardiner. You'd think that they'd be sheltering him a bit if they were just doing this as a courtesy.

Why shelter him if you're in full tank mode?   :-\

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42:24 PM »