Author Topic: The Official TV Thread  (Read 141790 times)

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
Re: The Official TV Thread
« Reply #1635 on: August 20, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »
The fragmented digital streaming environment is getting really annoying.

Agreed. Eventually we are going to have as many streaming services as we do cable channels. Thus, rendering the benefits of streaming null and void. We will just have streaming bundles instead of cable bundles.

Well, that's sort of the point. All the money people were saving by cutting cable and streaming was money that ended up not going to big media companies. They were always going to try to get that money back.

Yes, of course, we all knew they were going to get it back, and I'm happy to pay in some respects since there's more flexibility with what you choose to pay for, but I wonder if we're going to see more and more fragmentation and other companies breaking away from Netflix/Hulu/Crave to have in house options. It may get to the point of absurdity.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1635 on: August 20, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 20, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »
Yes, of course, we all knew they were going to get it back, and I'm happy to pay in some respects since there's more flexibility with what you choose to pay for, but I wonder if we're going to see more and more fragmentation and other companies breaking away from Netflix/Hulu/Crave to have in house options. It may get to the point of absurdity.

We probably will(NBC is going to have their own for sure) but like we discussed a while back it's probably not sustainable for all of these companies to exist in the long run. Netflix's whole business model right now is about continuous growth and there's evidence that they're running out of people to sign up.

We're probably going to see a rapid expansion as these big companies jockey to be one of the handful of ones that survive.

Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1636 on: August 20, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »