Author Topic: The Official TV Thread  (Read 150504 times)

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
Re: The Official TV Thread
« Reply #1455 on: May 10, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »
That's ballsy from a network that seems pretty notorious for cancelling shows that receive good critical acclaim  pretty easily.  Who knows if Harmon can keep his ego in check to write a consistent additional 2-3 seasons let alone 5-7.

I mean, it's weird all around, right? Like you say Harmon and Roiland seem to have trouble working together, they take forever to make new episodes...I guess it's just making a ton of money? And maybe some of the delays were negotiating stalls?

Somehow I doubt they make 70 more episodes but I think this means we'll get at least a few more which I might not have said was even money last week.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 10, 2018, 08:14:31 PM »
That's ballsy from a network that seems pretty notorious for cancelling shows that receive good critical acclaim  pretty easily.  Who knows if Harmon can keep his ego in check to write a consistent additional 2-3 seasons let alone 5-7.

I mean, it's weird all around, right? Like you say Harmon and Roiland seem to have trouble working together, they take forever to make new episodes...I guess it's just making a ton of money? And maybe some of the delays were negotiating stalls?

Somehow I doubt they make 70 more episodes but I think this means we'll get at least a few more which I might not have said was even money last week.

Harmon was on Smodcast recently and said that the delay has been due to renegotiating their original contracts, he indicated that it was going well and fans could expect plenty more.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1456 on: May 10, 2018, 08:14:31 PM »

Offline Joe S.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 11, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »
If there are any arrested Development fans out there I highly recommend watching the remix of season 4 that was just released on Netflix. Completely changes the dynamic of the show. Feels like it belongs with the first 3 seasons now.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 12, 2018, 12:35:33 AM »
Well looks like Brooklyn Nine-Nine will stay alive for another season over at NBC. Michael Schur must have a good relationship with them since his other shows were all there too.

Online Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 12, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »
Well looks like Brooklyn Nine-Nine will stay alive for another season over at NBC. Michael Schur must have a good relationship with them since his other shows were all there too.
NINE NINE!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 12, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »

looks like our social media campaign to blitz them with messages about how much we love it worked. Even Benecio Del Toro and Mark Hamill got into it for us :)

B-9-9 lives!

and today, CBS renewed my favourite show, Criminal Minds too.

It's a good day!

go Jets!

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 24, 2018, 07:48:40 AM »

The picture in this tweet sums it up, yikes.
#BeBlessed

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 29, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

So I guess ABC has figured out that it's maybe not such a hot idea to get into bed with nutjobs, no matter how many people tune in.
-Karl Marx

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 29, 2018, 02:00:44 PM »

So I guess ABC has figured out that it's maybe not such a hot idea to get into bed with nutjobs, no matter how many people tune in.

How many days before Fox picks it up?

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 29, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »

I have no doubt that the Murdochs would happily stoop that low but with Fox about to be owned by Comcast or Disney that may be radioactive.
-Karl Marx

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 29, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »
Because Phoebe Waller-Bridge's name is starting to get out there (L3-37, in Solo), I've started up Fleabag and Killing Eve and they are both wonderfully dark maybe-comedies.
#BeBlessed

Offline Nik Bethune

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 29, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
Because Phoebe Waller-Bridge's name is starting to get out there (L3-37, in Solo), I've started up Fleabag and Killing Eve and they are both wonderfully dark maybe-comedies.

I thought both were terrific. Killing Eve is probably going to do big awards business(and rightfully so) but I thought Fleabag was one of the genuinely funniest shows I'd seen in a while.
-Karl Marx

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 29, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »

I have no doubt that the Murdochs would happily stoop that low but with Fox about to be owned by Comcast or Disney that may be radioactive.

The fact that they picked up Last Man Standing is what made me think it, but yeah Allen isn't as toxic as Rosanne is I guess (at least not publicly).

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 29, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »

Given the response from fellow cast members, especially Gilbert, I think the show is dead.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 29, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »

Given the response from fellow cast members, especially Gilbert, I think the show is dead.

It's not like they're just now finding out she's a huge racist, but yeah I guess that might makes things a little tough.