Author Topic: The End of Meat  (Read 441 times)

Offline Frycer14

• Rookie
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
Re: The End of Meat
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 07:23:02 PM »
Amazing progression from the global need for reduced beef consumption to ten posts later, trying to determine how much cow can fit in a freezer.  ;D

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • All posts approved by CCP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 10:58:17 PM »
Amazing progression from the global need for reduced beef consumption to ten posts later, trying to determine how much cow can fit in a freezer.  ;D

It seems incongruous, I guess, but it's as much about reducing our purchasing from large factory farm or processing operations. By making bulk purchases from local suppliers you can effectively accomplish that while not necessarily eating any more beef than you otherwise would.

If I am going to keep eating beef, as I said I probably would in my first post, I should figure out the best way to do it.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility
-Karl Marx

Online Rob

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 01:07:20 AM »
Bought 50 lbs of buckwheat flour and 50 lbs of roasted buckwheat groats at the start of the pandamic.  I love my meat but  buckwheat has all the essential amino acids and I could survive on it. 

Offline Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 01:06:06 PM »
Thats because a great Ribeye will never be conquered. Neither will a Filet Mignon with homemade  Béarnaise.  ;)
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki