Author Topic: Remembering way back when...  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Damian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering way back when...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »
I remember our little internet company streaming live games way back when......shhhh... dont tell

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »

Offline J-Ho Fan

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
Those really were the days. I can even remember being part of the plaidworks email list, and not finding out til years later that it and penaltybox were one in the same! Nice to see a few names on that forum page that I recall, wonder whatever happened to them!

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
I hit my 10-year anniversary at this site back in May yet it still feels like yesterday.  I stumbled across it during the New Jersey-Toronto playoff series as I used to visit the Newark discussion forums and this site was constantly mentioned.  I've been hooked ever since. :)

Dating all the way back and seeing the old forum, it conjures up names like Marshy, Tom, HockeyRulz and Shadowcaster, guys who I don't recall seeing around for years. 

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
The prospects section is hilarious. Arguing over Jeff Farkas and Bobby House. God, what a wasteland we've been for prospects.

Also: Good read on whoever said we should've drafted Vermette. That would've been a pretty good pickup as opposed to Vernarsky.

Also: Who's Paulhiggins? Sounds a lot like Nik :P
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Unfortunately, the full memberlist isn't available. It cuts off in the middle of the B's. I certainly remember the forums and being in some of the discussions, but couldn't find my handle. I was either some incarnation of Bullfrog or SpaceboyJ. Not sure why I had that name.

Offline Stronger Than All

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37:31 AM »
I think I joined 2 years later....

Offline AlmosGirl

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
I can't seem to get anything with those links and I can't remember if I had just joined or not?  Man, I'm getting old.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • TORONTO RAPTORS 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »
I joined tmlfans at some point in 2005/2007 (can't quite remember which year exactly), but, I must admit that I was already following some of the very interesting topics (& humourous exchanges too!) way before then.

At the time, I still had my trustworthy Palm Treo, and, was trying to find some topics on the Leafs and hockey, in general, when I happened to come upon this site.  It made me feel good to read the various commentaries at the time, even when I was feeling a tad 'blue', it made me smile, laugh, and happy all at the same time!!   :)

Eventually, I decided to join, and, have not regretted it since!

The Leafs are definitely the "passion" that unites us all here on tmlfans!!  Am I ever glad!

P.S.  Reading Rob's manuscript "tmlfans: The First 10 Years" again, recently, brought me back to memory lane.  Believe me, I have enjoyed it so much!  :)  :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:10:45 AM by hockeyfan1 »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »