Author Topic: Leafs Broadcast Schedule  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs Broadcast Schedule
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »
I can't see me getting CityTV in northern Ontario...that's a national station?

There's a CityTV in most major Canadian cities. You probably do get one of them if you have a cable package.

I hope so, if I get a cable package that is.

Regarding the schedule on Mapleleafs.com - looks like every Saturday game is on CBC, but certain games in October just say 'CBC' while the rest of the season it says 'HNIC' - is that still CBC but just not the national game?

HNIC isn't only on CBC any more and all Saturday games are national now. The games that are labeled "HNIC" don't have a channel assigned to it yet, but they will all be nationally broadcast on either City, Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet ONE or CBC.

That's what I was wondering, and fearing.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
Somebody really needs to cut through this thicket and offer an all-Leafs-games package for streaming.  I'd gladly pay for that.  Fat chance, I know.

Online Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »

There's a CityTV in most major Canadian cities. You probably do get one of them if you have a cable package.

Regarding the schedule on Mapleleafs.com - looks like every Saturday game is on CBC, but certain games in October just say 'CBC' while the rest of the season it says 'HNIC' - is that still CBC but just not the national game?

HNIC isn't only on CBC any more and all Saturday games are national now. The games that are labeled "HNIC" don't have a channel assigned to it yet, but they will all be nationally broadcast on either City, Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet ONE or CBC.

Are some of those channels not available where you live?

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »

Are some of those channels not available where you live?

In the fall/winter months I sometimes like to go spend a weekend at the cottage and it's a set up with just an antenna that picks up maybe 2 channels, one of which would be CBC.  But if they're on Sportsnet or something on Saturday I'll be out of luck when I do that, and I hate missing a game.

Not a huge deal or anything, but a minor annoyance.

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »
I can't reccomend hockeystreams.com enough, perfect quality streams with choice of feed on every game and no blackouts, thanks to CTB for turning me on to it.

Offline Leafs71

• Veteran
  • I broke your television!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »
I can't reccomend hockeystreams.com enough, perfect quality streams with choice of feed on every game and no blackouts, thanks to CTB for turning me on to it.

2nded. I streamed the playoffs through the VLC app.. the PQ was unbelievable. Prepaid for a year. I don't feel great about using greymarket means, but Rogers drove me to it.

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »
sigh...hockeystreams has shut down public registration in order to offer current members uninterrupted service.  Also nhl gamecenter live says it is not available  in canada right now.

oh well...illegal streaming it is.

the funny part is I would pay to just be able to stream leaf games...I just don't want the full cable package!

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 05:28:15 PM »
ok...managed to get signed up to hockeystreams...can't wait for the season and preseason now!

Offline Leafs71

• Veteran
  • I broke your television!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »
ok...managed to get signed up to hockeystreams...can't wait for the season and preseason now!

Bought a cheap mini desktop PC, HDMI out to my 65" tv, stream with VLC player on fullscreen. When the game is on, there's no difference.

On Sat, I get the "HNIC" experience with the OTA antenna. Gold both ways

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 03:36:59 PM »

Bought a cheap mini desktop PC, HDMI out to my 65" tv, stream with VLC player on fullscreen. When the game is on, there's no difference.

same thing I'm planning on doing...only I am limited to 42"  ;)

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
sigh...hockeystreams has shut down public registration in order to offer current members uninterrupted service.  Also nhl gamecenter live says it is not available  in canada right now.

the funny part is I would pay to just be able to stream leaf games...I just don't want the full cable package!

I'm hearing that NHL Gamecentre will be available in Canada.

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »

I'm hearing that NHL Gamecentre will be available in Canada.

I would be surprised if it wasn't...but I don't want to mess around with a vpn...plus its more money.

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »

same thing I'm planning on doing...only I am limited to 42"  ;)

Just sit closer.  :D