Author Topic: Nonis signs extension  (Read 4627 times)

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Nonis signs extension
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »
Nonis accomplished in one season what Burke could not do during his entire reign.  By extending Nonis it gives the team stability at the top and gives the organization to fire him if he can't produce results.  The team is already better now on paper than the team that lost in the heart breaker.

BWB

Offline 93forever

• Marlie
  • Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »
Nonis accomplished in one season what Burke could not do during his entire reign.  By extending Nonis it gives the team stability at the top and gives the organization to fire him if he can't produce results.  The team is already better now on paper than the team that lost in the heart breaker.

Yup, the acquisitions of Frazer McLaren and Ryan O'Byrne re just what the Leafs needed to make the playoffs.

Not sure where you get McLaren and O'Byrne from my comment, but being a mod I will let that slide...for now.

All I was referring to was how Nonis gave toughness to the team that didn't exist under Burke's reign and how he has been working to improve the team since the end of the season.  True, the two players didn't help the Leafs make the playoffs...Leafs would have made the playoffs without them but the Leafs weren't going to be pushovers either.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »