Author Topic: Flyers @ Leafs - Mar. 8th, 7:00pm - CBC, SN 590  (Read 14629 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Flyers @ Leafs - Mar. 8th, 7:00pm - CBC, SN 590
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
I'm going to get flamed here but I think tonight's game showed that if we must have a knuckle dragger McLaren is far better than Orr.

I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between them, except that MacLaren will still fight, FWIW.  Which is not much.  Even if you like goons, Rosehill handled him just fine last nite.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »
No reason for that.  Hasn't been very chippy.  No star players were run.  No goalies have been run.  Those two have had nothing to do with the game other than McLaren being bad and missing an open net.  Neither team has momentum right now.

But of course send them out there and fight for some reason.

Completely pointless. Afterwards the two of them were smiling and joking to each other in the penalty box. I mean, if you're going to fight, shouldn't you be angry at each other for some reason?

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »
Clarkson has 10 points in 43 games, which translates to 19 points over 82 games. Bodie has 9 points in 30 games, which translates to 24 points over 82 games.

Clarkson plays on the 2nd and 3rd lines and aside from a game that he was injured in has never played less than 11:28 in a game. Bodie averages 7:36 a game and is either on the 4th or 3rd line.

If you look at the games in which Bodie plays more than his average ice-time, he has 8 points in 13 games. In the games he plays less than his average, it's 1 point in 17 games.

What to do with Clarkson is going to be a real problem going forward. On the one hand I hope he gets every opportunity to jump start his game and become, maybe, a tradeable player. On the other, the stark reality that there are more effective guys on the 3rd line is getting harder and harder to ignore.

That's where I am too. I'm as disappointed as anybody with his play, but I have to believe he's better than this. And while he deserves to be on the fourth line, he won't get the opportunities to improve while there. But Bodie is clearly outplaying him. I think I'm leaning towards CtB's opinion: park him on the 4th line and just write this season off. hopefully he comes back stronger next season.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »