Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety  (Read 39707 times)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
Re: Depression and Anxiety
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »
I wish you all the best, Kevin, in your fight against this disease.  Good to know that youíre getting better and getting your life together.

Godspeed to you and always feel free to share & chat.  Weíll always be here for you.  Thatís what (online) friends are for, too.  :)

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »

Offline sucka

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
Itís been 8 years since I last posted here.  Going through some rough times and remembering this thread, I came looking for inspiration and surprised to see itís still up fresh.  I read through all 25 pages today.   I donít know you but whether youíre still dealing with it or living in the sunshine, youíre still here and that means youíre winning and that gives me hope.  Even that bit from Highlander about 3 bouts of suicidal ideation on avg  is inspiration in a wierd way.   I guess Iím on my second and odds are I should get through this and wait for the 3rd.   By then, Hopefulyl my girls are no longer needing me. 

Offline sucka

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2019, 10:03:43 PM »

[/quote]

Full disclosure, I'm an alcoholic. It explains my absence for so long. I went to treatment in September 2016 after being admitted to hospital in very rough shape. My liver and pancreas were failing. I've spent since then battling my addiction. I attend AA 5 times a week, see an addictions counselor once a week.

But this disease is insidious. It's always waiting to get it's claws back into you. It's cost me my marriage and a few friends along the way. Last October I relapsed after just over 2 years of sobriety. I continued until April 11 when I checked myself into the Pembroke hospital to go into their monitored withdrawal protocol. I've been sober since then. But I've found it very tough. In AA we call it white knuckling it. So I took matters into my hands. Determined to finally give it up for good. As I write this I'm in rehab. On Wednesday I checked myself into a treatment facility in North Bay for 21 days.

Sharing for a lot of addicts is a form of recovery. Talking openly and honestly about our addiction helps us to find peace. It's also good for those who suffer in silence to hear that there is hope. And putting up your hand to ask for help is the most courageous thing you can do.

I can't guarantee I'll be sober forever. No addict can. But I guarantee that I'll fight like the devil to get my life to where I know it can be. A better a version of me.

Thanks for listening.

Kevin
[/quote]
Iím doing more than listening.   If u can pull through then that means can we can too.  Keep fighting bro, donít let us down!

Offline 50 Mission Cap

• Global Moderator
  • Prospect
  • TMLfans.ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 30, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »
Well after 21 long and hard days, I'm back home. Looking forward to a fresh start.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 30, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
Well after 21 long and hard days, I'm back home. Looking forward to a fresh start.
Excellent. You can do this!! Best wishes moving forward.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
Never had to deal with this before but here goes.  Last night I received terrible news about a friend I've known for over 30 years.  We used to hang out a lot, but as time goes on and you have your own families you tend to drift apart.  Would see him maybe 1-2 times a year recently where we would reminisce about the old days in university, and generally have a good time.  My friend took his own life on Friday night.  I never knew anything was wrong with him, he was always pretty closed and wouldn't really open up about anything, but that's how he always was for as long as I knew him.   I still can't believe it.  Just wanted to let you all know to keep in touch with your friends, make an effort to reach out, you never know when you'll never see them again.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • QUIETNESS is GREATNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
Never had to deal with this before but here goes.  Last night I received terrible news about a friend I've known for over 30 years.  We used to hang out a lot, but as time goes on and you have your own families you tend to drift apart.  Would see him maybe 1-2 times a year recently where we would reminisce about the old days in university, and generally have a good time.  My friend took his own life on Friday night.  I never knew anything was wrong with him, he was always pretty closed and wouldn't really open up about anything, but that's how he always was for as long as I knew him.   I still can't believe it.  Just wanted to let you all know to keep in touch with your friends, make an effort to reach out, you never know when you'll never see them again.

Sad, Zee.  But what can we do?

I havenít seen my friend for months now myself.  Iím going to message her and see how sheís doing.

Oftentimes, itís the thought that counts no matter where we are or what weíre doing.  Keeping communication lines open does wonders for the heart, and for our friends and ourselves.

Offline AlmosGirl

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2019, 03:08:53 PM »

Thinking of you 50!

Many many gentle hugs to you and zee.

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2019, 12:54:14 PM »
I hate depression. I god damn hate it.

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile