Author Topic: The Official TV Thread  (Read 138739 times)

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
  • CarltonTheBear was...
    • View Profile
Re: The Official TV Thread
« Reply #1620 on: July 16, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »
My opinion of it is still based entirely on the original promos that aired during HNIC and the fact that it's produced by the CBC but I refuse to believe that Schitt's Creek is even remotely good. I don't care how many people tell me otherwise I'm standing my ground here.

I actually enjoy Schitt's Creek a lot and I was vehemently against it. Catherine O'Hara is freaking fantastic.
Agree. Fantastic show. Eugene Levy and his son are brilliant and so is O'Hara. I think this show is a lot like Corner Gas in a way that it's a love it or hate it kind of deal. To each their own.
After Life by Ricky Gervais on Netflicks....brilliant. And if you have the time, watch Derek, another show by Gervais.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1620 on: July 16, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »

Offline cabber24

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 16, 2019, 03:19:20 PM »
My opinion of it is still based entirely on the original promos that aired during HNIC and the fact that it's produced by the CBC but I refuse to believe that Schitt's Creek is even remotely good. I don't care how many people tell me otherwise I'm standing my ground here.

I actually enjoy Schitt's Creek a lot and I was vehemently against it. Catherine O'Hara is freaking fantastic.
Agree. Fantastic show. Eugene Levy and his son are brilliant and so is O'Hara. I think this show is a lot like Corner Gas in a way that it's a love it or hate it kind of deal. To each their own.
After Life by Ricky Gervais on Netflicks....brilliant. And if you have the time, watch Derek, another show by Gervais.
Great show, the character Twyla is also a Levy. Not only is it a good show but it's actually somewhat wholesome. It breaks down wealth barriers between classes and normalizes sexual preferences.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline Zee

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 16, 2019, 03:35:18 PM »
I'm re-watching Breaking Bad for the first time since it was originally on air.  Forgot how good this show is, even though I know what's gonna happen I'm still way into it and looking for the clues they put throughout in episodes.  Such a great concept for a show.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Veteran
  • CarltonTheBear was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 16, 2019, 03:58:44 PM »

Great show, the character Twyla is also a Levy. Not only is it a good show but it's actually somewhat wholesome. It breaks down wealth barriers between classes and normalizes sexual preferences.
Agree. I knew that about Twyla also. Pretty cool. Enjoyed Levy's work since the SCTV days. His son is so much like him.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 16, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »

Agree. I knew that about Twyla also. Pretty cool. Enjoyed Levy's work since the SCTV days. His son is so much like him.
Except a bit more fabulous hahaha
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 16, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
I love Schitt's creek. It's a bit campy, but I enjoy the silly humour. Daniel Levy is fantastic in that show.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1625 on: July 16, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »