Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 28368 times)

Offline Frycer14

• Veteran
  • Wheel!
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1050 on: November 28, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if attention getting/donation enrichment was the plan all along.

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 28, 2020, 10:18:18 AM »
For the love of god, I'm begging you all, do not look up how much the idiot bbq guy has raised on gofundme.
And yet normal businesses who follow the rules get screwed. Where's everyone else's donations?

Also what is the point of getting fined if you can crowdfund your way out of it? Makes no sense.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Nik

• Sittler Status
  • Sucker punching Logan Couture
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 28, 2020, 11:37:24 AM »

Imagine being the sort of person who could see the crucial need for funding at food banks and homeless shelters and be like "I'm going to give money to the BBQ guy who chose to shut down his own restaurant".
Sports are like the reward of a functioning society
- Sean Doolittle

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 28, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »

Imagine being the sort of person who could see the crucial need for funding at food banks and homeless shelters and be like "I'm going to give money to the BBQ guy who chose to shut down his own restaurant".
Right. And like I said before, I've eaten at Adamsons before. It's already designed like a takeout place. You queue up, they put meat on your plate and either you find a place to sit or you leave. You take your own plates away and no seated service. There is no reason why he couldn't be the most successful takeaway spot in the city but the reality is he actually doesn't believe the pandemic is that bad, doesn't believe PCR tests are accurate and thinks to some degree that all of this is a scam (his posts on IG corroborate this) while doing this under the guise of making a point for small businesses and freedom.

It's funny but for anyone who thinks the pandemic isn't a big deal and that it's just old people dying (which is a pretty horrifying frame of mind anyway, like they're valueless husks), none of them know how to respond when you ask them why they don't volunteer in an ER with all of the underappreciated HCWs.

And yes, there are far more people who could really use the funds who are good citizens doing their part.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #1054 on: November 28, 2020, 01:30:54 PM »
For the love of god, I'm begging you all, do not look up how much the idiot bbq guy has raised on gofundme.

Humans are the worst.

They sure are.

I can't wrap my head around the tantrums people have been throwing. I equate the anti-maskers/anti-vaccine to 3 year olds throwing tantrums because mommy said no.

I think you?re being harsh on 3 year olds there
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 28, 2020, 02:17:37 PM »
This is the Corsi of Covid
#BeBlessed