Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety  (Read 40856 times)

bustaheims and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Depression and Anxiety
« Reply #390 on: January 20, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »
This is wonderful. What’s your go-to song?
#BeBlessed

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #390 on: January 20, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »

Online Bullfrog

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2020, 09:49:17 AM »
I don't really have a go-to, but lately, I've been listening to a lot of Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, and Marvin Gaye.

Also, Michael Kiwanuka's Cold Little Heart is always a choice. I'm not looking to bust-a-move, but to really feel something.

But I can bust-a-heims....I mean move, when called upon, just so we're clear.  :D

I also sing. Very loudly and very, very badly.

Online Hobbes

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »
I don't really have a go-to, but lately, I've been listening to a lot of Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, and Marvin Gaye.

Also, Michael Kiwanuka's Cold Little Heart is always a choice. I'm not looking to bust-a-move, but to really feel something.

But I can bust-a-heims....I mean move, when called upon, just so we're clear.  :D

May I recommend some Earth Wind and Fire and a bit of Sly & The Family Stone to complement with your Motown groove. Oh...and Tower of Power is always good.

PS....while you're on a Motown kick you ought to throw some Stevie in there too.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:14:37 AM by Hobbes »
It's not denial...I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »

I approve.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »
Been back to suffering from some strong anxiety.  Then a friend told me about "Calm" an app that I downloaded through my phone. I did my first session with the program yesterday and found it was a very big help.  They give you a week for free then it costs 76 a year.
Worth a try for those of you looking for some non drug relief.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online Highlander

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: Today at 11:45:04 AM »
by the way I am on Day 5 of this program and it is working for me big time.  Strange coincidence is LeBron James is involved with this and actually does some talking inside the program.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #395 on: Today at 11:45:04 AM »