Author Topic: Gamers, what are you playing?  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Bender

• All Star
  • Bender cracked corn and he is great!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Gamers, what are you playing?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Wouldn't that be mire an issue with origin than the actual function of the game?

I'd think the Sim City/Maxis folks were responsible for their own servers/anticipating demand. Both are owned by EA though, so the difference is largely academic.

I think maybe that I would separate my rating of the game itself with the handling of the servers. The game itself could be great, but EA should rightly draw the ire of people who purchased the game. But I wouldn't necessarily say that the game deserves 1 star due to a launch issue.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

TMLfans.ca

Re: Re: Gamers, what are you playing?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »

Offline Damian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Gamers, what are you playing?
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »
Call me a geezer, but my fave is still CoDUO multiplayer....

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Gamers, what are you playing?
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
Wouldn't that be mire an issue with origin than the actual function of the game?

I'd think the Sim City/Maxis folks were responsible for their own servers/anticipating demand. Both are owned by EA though, so the difference is largely academic.

I think maybe that I would separate my rating of the game itself with the handling of the servers. The game itself could be great, but EA should rightly draw the ire of people who purchased the game. But I wouldn't necessarily say that the game deserves 1 star due to a launch issue.

The fact that it needs to be connected to a server is the issue most have with it. There is no offline single player mode.

TMLfans.ca

Gamers, what are you playing?
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »