Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Osgood hangs 'em up

(1/12) > >>

Omallley:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=372031

17 seasons, 401 wins. Not a bad career.

Nik:

I'll definitely always remember him for being a human being who played in goal for the Detroit Red Wings.

Sarge:
I've argued this before but there is a real chance he get to the HOF though it would clearly be on a lot of guy's backs.

bustaheims:
Osgood is an interesting case. His win total is impressive and he has 3 Stanley Cup rings, so, there will be people touting him as a HHOF candidate, but, his other numbers just aren't all that impressive. A career .905 Sv% is rather pedestrian for the era he played in, so is his career GAA of 2.49. I mean, they're good numbers, but that's about it. He's been very successful for being a really rather ordinary goalie.

Nik:

--- Quote from: Busta Reims on July 19, 2011, 01:38:10 PM ---Osgood is an interesting case. His win total is impressive and he has 3 Stanley Cup rings, so, there will be people touting him as a HHOF candidate, but, his other numbers just aren't all that impressive. A career .905 Sv% is rather pedestrian for the era he played in, so is his career GAA of 2.49. I mean, they're good numbers, but that's about it. He's been very successful for being a really rather ordinary goalie.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts more or less. If there's a chance he makes it into the HOF it only really speaks poorly of the selection committee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version