Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

2021-2022 NHL Thread

<< < (3/278) > >>

herman:
Nathan MacKinnon seeing the Avalanche jersey ad pic.twitter.com/Lkt7goiGv1— Petrov McGuire (@McguirePetrov) August 17, 2021
--- End quote ---

Arn:
I actually think from an advertising point of view one patch is more effective.

In our early days we only had one main sponsor on the shirt, Harp Lager, and one on the shoulder patches

Belfast Giants Game-worn Jerseys.

A thread.

This is a season one (2000-2001) home game worn. Let’s see if we can get a picture of every jersey from every season. Please RT to include as many fans as we can. Must be close to 100. #GiantsGamers pic.twitter.com/lddQoAbqmd— Davy (@Davy_McG) December 20, 2020
--- End quote ---

Now we have this

SIGNING ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨

David Goodwin is back 👊#GiantsReborn pic.twitter.com/HknqNAq7RE— Belfast Giants (@BelfastGiants) August 4, 2021
--- End quote ---

And I couldn't tell you who 90% of the sponsors even are

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Arn on August 18, 2021, 11:10:00 AM ---I actually think from an advertising point of view one patch is more effective.

In our early days we only had one main sponsor on the shirt, Harp Lager, and one on the shoulder patches

And I couldn't tell you who 90% of the sponsors even are
--- End quote ---

That feels like another reason why we won't see NHL teams get flooded with ads on their jerseys. A team like Belfast or teams in the Swiss league probably take on a boatload of ads from local companies and I'd assume the team doesn't get paid a ton for each one but they add up to a decent profit. But here most NHL teams will partner with one or two big brands (like the Leafs with Scotia) and those companies will pay NHL teams more not only to have their ads on the jersey but also for exclusivity rights to block other companies from getting placements.

Side note, Harp is one of my favourite beers.

Bullfrog:

--- Quote from: Frank E on August 18, 2021, 10:03:22 AM ---Doesn't bother me at all.

--- End quote ---

me neither.

CarltonTheBear:
How has Jack Eichel not been traded yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version