Other Hockey News & Views > CHL & NCAA Hockey

Allegations Against Junior Hockey

(1/2) > >>

Bender:
Welp.... This is Friged up if true.

If what Daniel Carcillo and another former junior player are alleging in a class-action lawsuit against the CHL are true, nothing short of a complete overhaul of the junior game in Canada is in order. WARNING: Details may disturb some readers. My blog. https://t.co/O6s8MLaJHY— Ken Campbell (@Ken_Campbell27) June 18, 2020
--- End quote ---

Rob:
I don't doubt it.  This has been going on for many years.  I knew a few guys that played in the OHL over 30 years ago, some going on to the NHL.  The stories they would tell were truly bat shit crazy. 

Nik:

It wouldn't surprise me. Besides what we already know about the culture of hazing in the sport it's always just seemed like a bad environment. The idea that a league of 16 to 18 year olds needs competitive balance to the point where those kids need to move away from home and have minimal adult supervision is, on its face, kind of a bad idea.

OldTimeHockey:

--- Quote from: Rob on June 18, 2020, 09:59:02 PM ---I don't doubt it.  This has been going on for many years.  I knew a few guys that played in the OHL over 30 years ago, some going on to the NHL.  The stories they would tell were truly bat shit crazy.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nik on June 18, 2020, 10:18:06 PM ---
It wouldn't surprise me. Besides what we already know about the culture of hazing in the sport it's always just seemed like a bad environment. The idea that a league of 16 to 18 year olds needs competitive balance to the point where those kids need to move away from home and have minimal adult supervision is, on its face, kind of a bad idea.

--- End quote ---

What's even more disturbing is the fact that they're starting to do it even younger now. Prep Schools are now recruiting players in grade 9. My daughter, who's 11, was asked to start preparing for prep school when she enters grade 9. She's in grade 6, and they're already sniffing. It was very concerning to my wife and I. We told them thanks, but f off.

herman:
https://www.tsn.ca/whl-investigating-abuse-claims-by-former-player-1.1489379

More fuel for the fire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version