Just for Fun > Ok Blue Jays Talk

2020 Blue Jays General Season Thread

(1/54) > >>

hockeyfan1:
Ladie and Gentlemen, Everyone...your 2020 Toronto Blue Jays.  Spring Training edition.

Welcome to the FIRST full squad workout of the year! πŸ‘‹ #ST2020 pic.twitter.com/wejyMQXtGn— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) February 17, 2020
--- End quote ---

hockeyfan1:
Blue Jays Spring Training roster:  (Includes 40-man roster & NRI (Non-roster invitees).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Toronto_Blue_Jays_roster

Blue Jays begin their Grapefruit League schedule Saturday Feb. 22.
Here’s a good synopsis of what Jays fans can expect to see:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-2020-spring-training-players-stories-watch/

Highlander:
Big Nate Pearson just threw his first BP session and supposedly the guys were gasping at his 104MPH fastball. Out of his (I think it was 40 pitches), Walker said not one would have been a base hit.

Why is the consensus that Nate has to start the season in Buffalo?  Heck, this kid is already 23 and would have been in the bigs for sure this year without that freak injury two years back.  His work ethic is off the charts and maturity level is in place.

I say that Nate should be with the team on Opening Day and create some excitement around this team that has been sorely lacking for a long time (outside of the debut of Vlad, Biggio and Bichette last year). Time to get the boys rolling and build back an exciting Blue Jays team... I am ready for some baseball.

The Empire:

--- Quote from: Highlander on February 22, 2020, 02:14:45 PM ---Big Nate Pearson just threw his first BP session and supposedly the guys were gasping at his 104MPH fastball. Out of his (I think it was 40 pitches), Walker said not one would have been a base hit.

Why is the consensus that Nate has to start the season in Buffalo?  Heck, this kid is already 23 and would have been in the bigs for sure this year without that freak injury two years back.  His work ethic is off the charts and maturity level is in place.

I say that Nate should be with the team on Opening Day and create some excitement around this team that has been sorely lacking for a long time (outside of the debut of Vlad, Biggio and Bichette last year). Time to get the boys rolling and build back an exciting Blue Jays team... I am ready for some baseball.

--- End quote ---

Agree.  At almost 24 he belongs in the majors but with 4 veterans already slotted in that leaves only the 1 open spot.  We have 2 injury prone starters in the rotation so my guess is they will start him in Buffalo and then call him up when Ryu or Shoemaker go down.

hockeyfan1:
Matt Shoemaker on the mound...

Welcome back, @MattShoe52 πŸ’™

His return: 2.2 IP, 0 ER, 5 K πŸ”₯ pic.twitter.com/9YfyasYzKM— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) March 2, 2020
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version