Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Coaching and management changes around the league

<< < (100/117) > >>

Frank E:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on May 16, 2022, 12:05:09 PM ---Welcome to Las Vegas, Barry Trotz?

--- End quote ---

Yeah...but Q and Maurice are out there too.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: bustaheims on May 16, 2022, 12:05:09 PM ---Welcome to Las Vegas, Barry Trotz?

--- End quote ---

Trotz will certainly have his pick of teams, assuming he wants to coach next season, but yeah that definitely seems like the best one for him.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: Frank E on May 16, 2022, 12:06:17 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah...but Q and Maurice are out there too.

--- End quote ---
Don't see anyone grabbing Maurice. The Jets under performed for the talent they have. Q is interesting but not sure a team takes a chance on him either.

Zee:
Trotz to Vegas makes sense, they're a team that's supposed to contend.  I don't see Quenneville going there given the baggage he comes with vis a vis the whole Chicago situation, but then again Vegas never does anything normally so you never know.

herman:
Minor coaching carousel notes:
Lou appointed Trotz' right hand man Lane Lambert to the head coaching position
https://theathletic.com/3315374/2022/05/17/new-york-islanders-lane-lambert-barry-trotz/

--- Quote ---“When you say ‘a new voice,’ there’s a tremendous difference between an assistant coach and a head coach,” he explained Monday afternoon. “It’s bigger than I think anyone can sometimes understand. That new voice is here with Lane. Certainly, Lane has different thoughts on different things. Everybody does.

“Maybe it wasn’t the right phrase that I should have used, but it is a new voice in the position that Lane is now in. I would say a big new voice in that, because we’re talking about two totally different personalities with reference to Barry and Lane.”
--- End quote ---
Lane had been working as assistant to Barry Trotz since Nashville through Washington, and onto the Island.

Lots of L's with new duo.

Nashville re-upped John Hynes

Rick Bowness stepped down from coaching Dallas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version