Maple Leafs News and Views > Former Leafs: Ex-Files

PHIL KESSEL WINS STANLEY CUP

(1/26) > >>

disco:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-phil-kessel-thrilled-lift-stanley-cup/

Phil Kessel hoists the #StanleyCup. pic.twitter.com/btutskEiFw— TSN (@TSN_Sports) June 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

@simmonssteve pic.twitter.com/rv65y4OsLA— Dante (@dcecere08) June 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Invalid Tweet ID
HBK... pic.twitter.com/F1GXirr6sZ— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani) June 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Phil Kessel celebrating winning the Stanley Cup with his family. pic.twitter.com/vIJdnz660s— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani) June 13, 2016
--- End quote ---

Zee:
He really should have gotten the Conn Smythe too.

CarltonTheBear:
PHIL!

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Zee on June 13, 2016, 08:29:31 AM ---He really should have gotten the Conn Smythe too.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't want to say that Crosby didn't deserve it but I feel like he won it for reasons that generally aren't given much consideration when it comes to the Conn Smythe. Because if they were then there's no way Justin Williams would have won it over Anze Kopitar last time LA won. So it just seems awful convenient that the voters changed their criteria when Phil was up for the award.

Nik:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on June 13, 2016, 08:46:35 AM ---Yeah, I don't want to say that Crosby didn't deserve it but I feel like he won it for reasons that generally aren't given much consideration generally when it comes to the Conn Smythe. Because if they were then there's no way Justin Williams would have won it over Anze Kopitar last time LA won. So it just seems awful convenient that the voters changed their criteria when Phil was up for the award.

--- End quote ---

Admittedly I don't know if the composition in voters is similar from year to year but even if it were I think the Williams decision was generally pretty terrible so I'd hate to think it would be used as a binding future precedent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version