Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Ducks acquire Cogliano from Oilers for a 2013 second-round draft pick.

(1/4) > >>

Sarge:
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2011/07/12/ducks-pick-up-cogliano-from-oilers/68799/

I know Cogliano's stock has fallen but that's a hell of a good deal for Anaheim. - Well worth the gamble I think.

edit: not that I don't think the pick is a decent return but 2 years from now? Lots of time to recover it.

BlueWhiteBlood:
Yeah, I was thinking about him for our bottom center position. I think I would have paid that price, knowing full well that Burke could have got that pick back over that period.

I know he was supposed to turn into a top 6 player, but I think there is still some upside there and Anaheim might score big with that trade. Weren't the Leafs contemplating trading for him a couple years ago?

AvroArrow:
I've always felt that Cogliano and Gagner were both way overrated as players.  I never really had much interest in either...

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: AvroArrow on July 12, 2011, 01:35:20 PM ---I've always felt that Cogliano and Gagner were both way overrated as players.  I never really had much interest in either...

--- End quote ---

Cogliano especially - all sizzle, no steak, so to speak. He got a lot of hype coming up, when, really, he's just a borderline 2nd line player.

Sarge:
Doesn't Cogliano remind you of Todd Marchant (another border-line top-6 player) who eventually became a pretty decent botton 6 player? I just think there is a lot of ways that kind of speed can be used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version