Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Abandonment of HNIC?

(1/3) > >>

lamajama:
I seen yesterday that Scott Morrison has left CBC for Sportsnet. Jeff Marek had already left for Sportsnet and today on radio I heard that Pierre Lebrun is now going to be on TSN.

Is this planning ahead for the CBC losing HNIC similar to Dennis Beyak
leaving 640AM due to 640AM not expecting to re-bid for the Leafs radio rights?

Bleeding Blue & White:
Too many assumuptions with not enough substance.  There could be plenty of other factors involved in the network changeups don't jump to conclusions.  I don't see cbc letting HNIC go since it is their biggest source of revenue.   

bustaheims:
It's more likely that these guys are just leaving for better, more fulfilling gigs than the once a week nature of HNIC.

CarltonTheBear:

--- Quote from: Busta Reims on September 13, 2011, 05:33:38 PM ---It's more likely that these guys are just leaving for better, more fulfilling gigs than the once a week nature of HNIC.

--- End quote ---

Yup. There's also more potential for upward movement in other places, whereas on CBC it's the Ron & Don show and will be for quite some time.

BlueWhiteBlood:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on September 13, 2011, 05:40:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Busta Reims on September 13, 2011, 05:33:38 PM ---It's more likely that these guys are just leaving for better, more fulfilling gigs than the once a week nature of HNIC.

--- End quote ---

Yup. There's also more potential for upward movement in other places, whereas on CBC it's the Ron & Don show and will be for quite some time.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Elliotte F. probably has the only other good gig there and I would think they will hold on to him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version