Author Topic: Leafs @ Canucks - Apr. 20th, 9:00pm - SN, TSN 1050  (Read 3232 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Administrator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Canucks - Apr. 20th, 9:00pm - SN, TSN 1050
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2021, 06:07:56 PM »
I was mostly just messing with Frank there. Not only did Marty start the season lower on the team depth chart than past seasons, but the acquisition of Hutton bumped him down another yet spot and also took away his position of the back-up PK defender.

I'm sure the team will cycle between Dermott, Sandin, and Hutton while Bogosian is out. And while Bogo has been a pleasant surprise at the end of the day he's still just the teams 5D so they should be able to survive without him.

Dermott, Sandin and Hutton all play the left side though.  So maybe that leaves the depth on the right side as Timothy and MM.

Dermott and Sandin have both played the right side before so I don't think that gives TL and MM an advantage at this stage.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs @ Canucks - Apr. 20th, 9:00pm - SN, TSN 1050
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2021, 08:17:54 AM »
Marincin is the whipping boy du jour but is there really evidence that he is a disaster whenever he's in the lineup?  And if the evidence is there, why doesn't Dubas get rid of him?

He's a perfectly serviceable guy to have at 7 or lower in the depth charts. It's more that, if he's in the lineup on a regular basis without a bunch of injuries, it's an indication you have a depth issue.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan