Canada goes up 1-0 on extra time against Mexico

L K

First win against Mexico in 21 years.

Canada leads the qualifying table now with 6 games to go

Highlander

Quote from: L K on November 17, 2021, 12:10:17 AM
First win against Mexico in 21 years.

Canada leads the qualifying table now with 6 games to go
It's great for Canadian soccer and we are not going to look back, just to much talent being developed.  Man what are they doing over in Brampton/Bramalea?  So many players coming out of that area.
I think this team is going to surprise in Qatar. 
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Highlander

Hate to see Laryea go, he is one of my favourite players for TFC.  He wants to live the dream playing in Europe so good luck Ritchie.  You can always come home again.
And the good thing is we get to see you play for the National team. 
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Highlander

Quote from: David Martin on January 09, 2022, 08:48:41 AM
https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2022/january/08/richie-laryea-checks-in-from-toronto/
Any good?
Now that I know you are from Nottingham I will give you my rundown on Richie.  You are going to be very happy with this acquisition.   Usually plays right back, a very decent defender but what Laryea brings is a nice offensive flair able to slash from the wing towards the net and elude and deke defenders and score amazing goals.  He is chippy and not afraid to get in people faces, hence he takes yellow cards frequently. He probably is my favorite TFC player.  You got a gem.
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Madkenstalin

Thanks for info.
Not sure we need him after today though - beating Arsenal in the cup :D
If he can play left back as well as right back, he will be a vital part of the team.

Bender

Anyone watching the qualifiers? Canada up on USA at the moment 1-0!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

L K

2-0 as time expires.   What a victory

Bender

Oh my god that was incredible. I'm so glad I'm not an American football fan right now
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Bill_Berg_is_sad

SpiderLeaf

That was an awesome game, what a time to be a Canadian soccer fan!

Highlander

And the great thing is we did it without two of our best players on the pitch.  Man they play an exciting style of football and our goaltender was amazing with his one hand stop in the first half. We can pretty much cement our placement with a win on Wednesday over El Salvator.
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Bender