Other Hockey News & Views > NHL Transactions

Gill traded to Nashville

(1/3) > >>

Sarge:
Habs trade: Boom-Boom's grandson B. Geoffrion + R. Slaney, and 2nd round pick in 2012 from NSH for H. Gill and a con 5th round pick in '13
by SNLouisJean via twitter 2:26 PM

Edit: Maybe this needs it's own thread.  :-\

WhatIfGodWasALeaf:
Slaney is a career AHL'er I think, Blake has some NHL upside, but is having an awful year. 

Not sure I'm crazy about the deal from the Habs perspective.

Sarge:

--- Quote from: WhatIfGodWasALeaf on February 17, 2012, 02:07:44 PM ---Slaney is a career AHL'er I think, Blake has some NHL upside, but is having an awful year. 

Not sure I'm crazy about the deal from the Habs perspective.

--- End quote ---

I thought Geoffrion was a decent prospect. With the 2nd round pick on top of that, I think the Habs to as well as expected for Gill . In fact, I'd say better than expected because obviously, Geoffrion is going to be an instant hit among fans there.

WhatIfGodWasALeaf:
I dunno, he is 24 and has yet to make an impact as a pro, he has upside and it does take longer for big guys to develop sometimes, but he is a big question mark.  I thought a playoff bund team might pony up more for Gill and a 5th.

Nik:

--- Quote from: WhatIfGodWasALeaf on February 17, 2012, 02:36:23 PM ---I dunno, he is 24 and has yet to make an impact as a pro, he has upside and it does take longer for big guys to develop sometimes, but he is a big question mark.  I thought a playoff bund team might pony up more for Gill and a 5th.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it. The Leafs got a second for Hal Gill, what, 4 years ago? I think that's about as much as he goes for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version