Maple Leafs News and Views > Main Leafs Hockey Talk

Leafs Acquire Kyle Clifford for Future Considerations

(1/2) > >>

louisstamos:
Welcome back, Cliffy

We’ve acquired forward Kyle Clifford from St. Louis in exchange for future considerations. #LeafsForever— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) November 16, 2021
--- End quote ---

CarltonTheBear:
Interesting. Clifford just cleared waivers today so I imagine he's probably Marlies bound here. But now he gets to play with the Marlies instead of whatever the Springfield Thunderbirds are. Blues probably doing him a bit of a solid here.

He's in the last year of his deal with a $1mil AAV, so no cap hit if he's assigned to the Marlies.

Iafrate:
Cherry must be thrilled.

Guilt Trip:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on November 16, 2021, 04:22:35 PM ---Interesting. Clifford just cleared waivers today so I imagine he's probably Marlies bound here. But now he gets to play with the Marlies instead of whatever the Springfield Thunderbirds are. Blues probably doing him a bit of a solid here.

He's in the last year of his deal with a $1mil AAV, so no cap hit if he's assigned to the Marlies.

--- End quote ---
Leafs are doing him and St Louis the solid.
Let's see if the Leafs claim Brooks tomorrow.

L K:
I always forget...lets say the Leafs claim Brooks back.  They can send him to the AHL right away because he went through waivers and came back to us....if we wanted to call him (or Clifford) up they don't go through waivers again for how long before waivers apply again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version