Other Hockey News & Views > General NHL News & Views

Seattle Expansion Draft

<< < (36/36)

bustaheims:

--- Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 22, 2021, 02:45:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: bustaheims on July 22, 2021, 02:41:14 PM ---They've set themselves up to be big players in the UFA market and as cap brokers on short-term deals. It's not a great strategy for immediate success, but could work better in terms of developing a longer-term foundation. They might actually be able to build some prospect capital.

--- End quote ---

They've already missed a big chance to do that though with the expansion draft. Vegas was able to get 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders in their draft in part because they took on Clarkson and Grabovski's contract. Seattle though decides to take a complete scrub from Philly instead of getting a sweetener to pick GhostBear's contract like Arizona did.

--- End quote ---

I guess they felt it would be more prudent to use the cap space on independent moves and as a 3rd party cap broker. Teams were reportedly more hesitant to pay the kind of prices they did with Vegas (understandably, considering how that worked out in a number of cases) and Seattle was apparently asking an even higher price for that type of deal around the expansion draft.

Bill_Berg_is_sad:

--- Quote from: herman on July 22, 2021, 02:42:25 PM ---Uh, have you guys seen who is projected to be #1/2/3 in next year's entry draft?

--- End quote ---

I see Justin Cote is set to go 32nd.

Frank E:
We sure that "projected" bottom six is real actual hockey players?

Guilt Trip:

Seattle though decides to take a complete scrub from Philly instead of getting a sweetener to pick GhostBear's contract like Arizona did.

--- End quote ---
I guess they were asking for too much...
Fletcher basically says that Seattle's price to take on Gostisbehere was much higher than the one he paid to Arizona today.— Charlie O'Connor (@charlieo_conn) July 22, 2021
--- End quote ---

herman:

--- Quote from: Guilt Trip on July 22, 2021, 03:16:01 PM ---
Seattle though decides to take a complete scrub from Philly instead of getting a sweetener to pick GhostBear's contract like Arizona did.

--- End quote ---
I guess they were asking for too much...
Fletcher basically says that Seattle's price to take on Gostisbehere was much higher than the one he paid to Arizona today.— Charlie O'Connor (@charlieo_conn) July 22, 2021
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

We$t Coa$t

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version